Reload this Page >

Tier 4 - Maintenance from Spouse

Tier 4 - Maintenance from Spouse

Old May 27th 2018, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

neilg1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tier 4 - Maintenance from Spouse

Hi All,

My wife is planning to apply for a tier 4 study visa to the UK. She is from NZ and so is not required to show some of the documentation with her application but may be requested to do so randomly, so we want to make sure we have it all available if necessary.

it mentions showing the finances required for the duration of the course in an account for 28 days or more and the account should be in her name, joint account or parents name if you can prove relation.

What about in my account as her spouse? I have far more than the required finances available for her but the account is in my name only. If we opened a joint account or i sent her the money then we would have to wait 28 days and we want to apply soon to get her on a course starting in September.

could we provide my statements along with marriage certificate as proof of relation?

Last edited by neilg1; May 27th 2018 at 2:29 pm.
Old May 28th 2018, 1:44 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tier 4 - Maintenance from Spouse

Originally Posted by neilg1 View Post
Hi All,

My wife is planning to apply for a tier 4 study visa to the UK. She is from NZ and so is not required to show some of the documentation with her application but may be requested to do so randomly, so we want to make sure we have it all available if necessary.

it mentions showing the finances required for the duration of the course in an account for 28 days or more and the account should be in her name, joint account or parents name if you can prove relation.

What about in my account as her spouse? I have far more than the required finances available for her but the account is in my name only. If we opened a joint account or i sent her the money then we would have to wait 28 days and we want to apply soon to get her on a course starting in September.

could we provide my statements along with marriage certificate as proof of relation?
If she's over 18 then it would need to be in an account she controls, i.e. her own account or a joint account. You'll need to send her the money or open a joint account and hold the money for at least 28 days.