Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

For those worried about U.K crime

Wikiposts

For those worried about U.K crime

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those worried about U.K crime

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz here we go.... more daily fail crap
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...here we go...more crap levelled at a paper which is NOT governed by the feminist agenda or left wing or extreme right wing dogma doublespeak. Many newspapers in the UK who are controlled by these groups ignored those reports and refused to publish pictures like those taken in Cardiff purely on the grounds of hypocritical "political correctness" as they showed females in an extremely unpleasant and revolting situation.

What it portrayed in those pictures pretty much reflects exactly what you can see on Britain's streets on any weekend night in particular. Women behaving in that way (and worse) will be replicating those scenes tonight and tomorrow night and the night after as well in many town and city centres across the UK, and to be fair, blokes will also be fighting and vomiting and urinating (and worse!) in full public view.....just like many females.

Those thinking of returning to the UK need reminding of these facts[ as facts they are. I should know - I live here and have seen it all for myself.......loads of times.

Did you know that 20% of young people in the UK leaving secondary education at the official school leaving age do so without any qualifications at all and are to all intents and purposes illiterate, barely able to read or write or to communicate effectively?

Anyway, those who return to these shores - welcome back, you're welcome to what you find, be it good or very bad....

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

teresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Patzy
Thanks for posting this ......not worried about crime in the UK after living in Memphis

I know what you mean, I lived in Memphis for 6 years just returned home last year, the crime in the UK is nothing compared to the crime in Memphis.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:28 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...here we go...more crap levelled at a paper which is NOT governed by the feminist agenda or left wing or extreme right wing dogma doublespeak. Many newspapers in the UK who are controlled by these groups ignored those reports and refused to publish pictures like those taken in Cardiff purely on the grounds of hypocritical "political correctness" as they showed females in an extremely unpleasant and revolting situation.

What it portrayed in those pictures pretty much reflects exactly what you can see on Britain's streets on any weekend night in particular. Women behaving in that way (and worse) will be replicating those scenes tonight and tomorrow night and the night after as well in many town and city centres across the UK, and to be fair, blokes will also be fighting and vomiting and urinating (and worse!) in full public view.....just like many females.

Those thinking of returning to the UK need reminding of these facts[ as facts they are. I should know - I live here and have seen it all for myself.......loads of times.

Did you know that 20% of young people in the UK leaving secondary education at the official school leaving age do so without any qualifications at all and are to all intents and purposes illiterate, barely able to read or write or to communicate effectively?

Anyway, those who return to these shores - welcome back, you're welcome to what you find, be it good or very bad....

I hate to say it because im returning to the uk , but in some way i have to admit you could be right . I was in birmingham ,broad street to be exact and i saw that type of behaviour a few times . Actually seen more sheila fighting then fellas .
Mind u i see plenty of that here in perth too , but always by the blokes . i guess it hasnt graduated to the women yet but if the moral code generally by the youth is a world wide thing then it wont be too long before there is sheilas fighting with their knickers on their heads , oh i forgot aboriginal women do it a fair bit but i guess they dont count .And they definetly dont have draws on

Last edited by king kong; Oct 23rd 2009 at 2:31 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:47 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like everybody on here lives in area 1, does anybody live in area 5?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:04 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I used to live in many 5's.

Leeds - 3
Charlton - 5
Greenwich - 5
Streatham - 5
Tooting - 5
Earlsfield - 5

I guess I was just lucky

The only place I was ever burgled (or "burglarized" - damn I hate that word) and certainly the place I saw the most crime was Headingley in Leeds so I am surprised at the 3 only.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:23 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I used to live in many 5's.

Leeds - 3
Charlton - 5
Greenwich - 5
Streatham - 5
Tooting - 5
Earlsfield - 5

I guess I was just lucky

The only place I was ever burgled (or "burglarized" - damn I hate that word) and certainly the place I saw the most crime was Headingley in Leeds so I am surprised at the 3 only.
Hey! I used to live in Streatham and I know Tooting very well, especially the fringes of Tooting Bec common at night around Bedford Hill, It was often a good place to go for an evening stroll before retiring hehehehee. Earlsfield I don`t know but Greenwich is nice and pretty upmarket. As for Charlton and Leeds, well you`ve certainly lived in some of the nicest parts of the UK
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:07 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! I used to live in Streatham and I know Tooting very well, especially the fringes of Tooting Bec common at night around Bedford Hill, It was often a good place to go for an evening stroll before retiring hehehehee. Earlsfield I don`t know but Greenwich is nice and pretty upmarket. As for Charlton and Leeds, well you`ve certainly lived in some of the nicest parts of the UK
Ahh, St Reatham (as the estate agents were getting ready to call it) - I lived quite close to the common for a couple of years before moving to Cadiz. I didn't find the place that bad actually, but a poor confluence of work situation and bad weather seems to have tainted my memory - all seems a bit grey in my recall. What made you live in Streatham?

Earlsfield I have good memories of, especially the P&P and the great Indian Ocean restaurant at Wandsworth Common, Tooting I've only spent a few months living in here and there - I still have a house just off the high street.

I used to walk to Balham from Streatham Common for a few beers of an evening and then walk back - it was certainly an interesting walk, especially on the way home.

I also lived in Oxford, Chelmsford and Chichester - their scores were somewhat lower on the crime front.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:20 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Ahh, St Reatham (as the estate agents were getting ready to call it) - I lived quite close to the common for a couple of years before moving to Cadiz. I didn't find the place that bad actually, but a poor confluence of work situation and bad weather seems to have tainted my memory - all seems a bit grey in my recall. What made you live in Streatham?

Earlsfield I have good memories of, especially the P&P and the great Indian Ocean restaurant at Wandsworth Common, Tooting I've only spent a few months living in here and there - I still have a house just off the high street.

I used to walk to Balham from Streatham Common for a few beers of an evening and then walk back - it was certainly an interesting walk, especially on the way home.

I also lived in Oxford, Chelmsford and Chichester - their scores were somewhat lower on the crime front.
My girlfriend at the time had a flat there and asked me to move in with her, I remember being somewhat dubious about going there as it never had a tube line, as before that I had always been around the north London area. To be honest I have great memories of Streatham, where you could just about find all types of interesting people, it also had a great nightlife and a great selection of restauarants, it even had a passable Spanish restuarant. The walk from Balham to Streatham was always interesting, especially if you`d drunk one too many a beer.

If you have a house in Tooting, that must be a pretty good investment given its access to the metro.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:37 am
Democracy advocate

My girlfriend at the time had a flat there and asked me to move in with her, I remember being somewhat dubious about going there as it never had a tube line, as before that I had always been around the north London area. To be honest I have great memories of Streatham, where you could just about find all types of interesting people, it also had a great nightlife and a great selection of restauarants, it even had a passable Spanish restuarant. The walk from Balham to Streatham was always interesting, especially if you`d drunk one too many a beer.

If you have a house in Tooting, that must be a pretty good investment given its access to the metro.
I don't remember a Spanish restaurant, there was a good Mexican on the high street towards Streatham Hill and I remember the Waterfront Pub did a mean thin-crust freshly made pizza.

I just remember rain and dark when I lived there - but as I say, probably had more to do with a 2-hr each way commute and various other hassles at the time, Streatham common didn't have too much about it but Tooting Bec common was pretty good. Balham always seemed better for beers, a friend of mine used to perform at that large boozer next to the railway bridge.

The Tooting pad - only a 2 bed in the Totterdown (sp) area, prices seem pretty crazy to me now - certainly not worth buying another one to rent out thats for sure. Its a little bit rough in places around Tooting but nothing terminal. One of the reasons I bought it was proximity to the tube.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:54 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

I don't remember a Spanish restaurant, there was a good Mexican on the high street towards Streatham Hill and I remember the Waterfront Pub did a mean thin-crust freshly made pizza.

I just remember rain and dark when I lived there - but as I say, probably had more to do with a 2-hr each way commute and various other hassles at the time, Streatham common didn't have too much about it but Tooting Bec common was pretty good. Balham always seemed better for beers, a friend of mine used to perform at that large boozer next to the railway bridge.

The Tooting pad - only a 2 bed in the Totterdown (sp) area, prices seem pretty crazy to me now - certainly not worth buying another one to rent out thats for sure. Its a little bit rough in places around Tooting but nothing terminal. One of the reasons I bought it was proximity to the tube.
This was in Streatham Hill as well and now I don`t remember the Mexican, in fact the only Mexican I remember nearby was in Crystal Palace but saying that, I never went to Streatham Hill that much and lived nearer Streatham Common.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:02 am
Democracy advocate

This was in Streatham Hill as well and now I don`t remember the Mexican, in fact the only Mexican I remember nearby was in Crystal Palace but saying that, I never went to Streatham Hill that much and lived nearer Streatham Common.
Ah, well if you're a Common man then you MUST remember the Winning Post - THE best breakfasts in London - a proper greasy spoon cafe, can't remember if the owners were Turkish or some other middle-eastern flavour, but the full english breakfast was top-notch and the tea was like stewed pennies. It was on the corner of the main streatham road and the one that went down to streatham common train station - opposite the waterfront pub.

I think i must have taken off a couple of years of my life sampling their fine fried delights. I take it your time in the UK converted you to the institution of the fried breakfast and you dropped the tostados con aceite?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:16 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Ah, well if you're a Common man then you MUST remember the Winning Post - THE best breakfasts in London - a proper greasy spoon cafe, can't remember if the owners were Turkish or some other middle-eastern flavour, but the full english breakfast was top-notch and the tea was like stewed pennies. It was on the corner of the main streatham road and the one that went down to streatham common train station - opposite the waterfront pub.

I think i must have taken off a couple of years of my life sampling their fine fried delights. I take it your time in the UK converted you to the institution of the fried breakfast and you dropped the tostados con aceite?
Hey! I remember this cafe and probably went there one or two times and I remember they gave you all types of extras such as toast and extra tea, it was greasy but good in an unhealthy way. You know, I never really liked the UK breakfast and it was just something that I would have now and again, in fact tostadas con aceite y sal was something that I would breakfast on every day (used to get the olive oil from delicatessens) as there were always plenty around.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:20 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Crime stats are of limited value - it should be your perception of a place that matters. For instance, if you avoid a certain area, due to your 'feeling' that it's not safe, then that's what will have a much more profound impact than reading about how many bikes were stolen from a given area.

Moreover, crime stats are highly manipulated and don't always give an accurate view either way. Over and under reporting, can impact figures.

Go with how you feel about a place and take stats with a pinch of salt. Sadly crime is everywhere these days.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:22 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I have previously lived in area 5's

Mile end, East London - 5
Leytonstone, East London- 5
Halesowen, West Midlands -4

I think people on B.E are generally speaking looking to improve their lot in life which explains the majority of us living in area 1 or 2 now

Last edited by Kapri; Oct 25th 2009 at 5:24 am.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:25 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Kapri
I have previously lived in area 5's

Mile end, East London - 5
Leytonstone, East London- 5
Halesowen, West Midlands -4
Do you think these areas warrant 4 and 5?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.