Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those phone calls we hate to get, from Blighty

Sorry to hear that Frank - best wishes.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you got back to your mum safely. Wishing you the very best of luck and hope she makes a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, big thanks for caring. Very much appreciated. This is very stressful. My big brother, who does all the day to day care, for mother, pointed to me again, he is nearly 70 himself. He lives 30 miles away from mothers house and visits twice a week.

My mother had the hip operation on Wednesday eve, full anesthetic. They say went well. Possibly start rehab today. I visited her twice on Thursday, she is eating & sitting up in bed. Pretty good for 94.
We have to see what the future brings, having not seen her for 14 months, she has aged dramatically. Can't see how she can ever go back to live alone, don't want to be one to tell her that tell her that.
Thanks again guys.

Reg. Frank R

Thanks again.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

She did well, Frank, my FIL is only 80 and had some problems during the operation. The living arrangements can be thought about later, there seems to be a good range of options available.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, next 48 hours will tell, mother on full oxygen etc, unable brave on her own, for too long, the hospital called us in middle of the night. But seeing as she will probably never go home to live alone, not sure if there is an answer, We signed the DNR, they will continue to treat her, but if heart stops. They stop. She would hate to be in a nursing home or in bed for the rest of her life.
Very sad. I stayed with her for last 3 hours on my own, she kept asking me to stay all night. Hospital, not needed yet. Will go back in morning
My wife will decide in the morning, if to come on Wednesday, instead of waiting.

Doctor she she is tough, but at her age, its very hard.
frank
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Very hard Frank, thinking of you xx
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you from here too Frank.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwwwww Frank, thinking of you, so hard x
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thoughts and karma to you Frank
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Frank I had to make a similar decision for my mother so I know how tough it is and no matter you are convinced you are doing the right thing you still second guess yourself. Will keep you in my thoughts and hope it works out for the best.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to all, for the kind thoughts & prayers. 1.11am, guess I should be a sleep, but can't. Got to sleep at 3 - 4 - 5am, clock is out of whack, brain is racing. Trying to keep up with USA, bill pay etc.

Thanks again, it really does help.

Reg. Frank R.

Ps Got to get some spotted Dick & custard, have not got there yet. Had the bangers & mash.

Also bought Netbook 3 days before coming, still dicking around with that. Sorry mean, setting up.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:32 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear this, Frank. Like others, I've been in the place you're in and it's very hard. You're in my thoughts & prayers.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:24 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you and your mum at this tough time, Frank.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure your Mum will be glad to have you there with her. Try and get some rest when you can. All the best to you and yours.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

More thanks, gotta tell all of you, kind wishes & prayers, really help. Feel, like I have a team with me. Never realised how much getting these messages, PMS, Karma, emails & phone calls, is so uplifting.

Went to see mother today, nurse says was dressed at 9.30am & walking. Eating meals all day . Yesterday we were signing DNR's, was all over. Chest infection, blood clot, low oxygen & breathing problems. She is Wonder Woman, the British bulldog, whatever is in her blood I want some. Even hospital said amazing. Still drips & oxygen. This is a roller coaster.
Was all over, last night, chest infection, blood clot, low oxygen.

She lives to fight another day.
In 14 months, since I saw her last, she has really aged, now frail old lady, 94 pounds dripping wet
Will be back there tomorrow, Wife is now arriving on Thursday am.

Frank R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.