Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving back : Aus to UK shipping advice pls

Thinking of moving back : Aus to UK shipping advice pls

Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

obewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant future
Default Thinking of moving back : Aus to UK shipping advice pls

Hey all
We're thinking of moving back to UK from Aus. So many things that we think Aus is not the place for us. Haven't been able to think of anything but getting out of here for the past 6 months, so now putting an action plan in place.

Any recommendations on who to use for shipping back to UK? thanks.

Trying to get some quotes & see what we can do.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking of moving back : Aus to UK shipping advice pls

Originally Posted by obewan
Hey all
We're thinking of moving back to UK from Aus. So many things that we think Aus is not the place for us. Haven't been able to think of anything but getting out of here for the past 6 months, so now putting an action plan in place.

Any recommendations on who to use for shipping back to UK? thanks.

Trying to get some quotes & see what we can do.
Where in Aus are you?

Just get afew quotes and compare. I rang Chess, Kents, Int movers...Kents were the best quote at $7,800 for 20 foot container.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:33 pm
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

I've been back in the UK now for 4 months now, and don't regret the move back to the mother land one bit. I used OSS who were fantastic. I lived in Mackay, QLD where OSS had a regional operator (Frater Removals) who made you feel that everything would be looked after. They gave me the best quote and were far cheaper than all the others.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:48 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dickchap
I've been back in the UK now for 4 months now, and don't regret the move back to the mother land one bit. I used OSS who were fantastic. I lived in Mackay, QLD where OSS had a regional operator (Frater Removals) who made you feel that everything would be looked after. They gave me the best quote and were far cheaper than all the others.
Where did you back too and how long did it take you to settle? We're wanting to come home and spent until 4am talking about it. There seems like so much to do.....a baby coming in March is on the list somewhere. My hubby is Canadian so is less excited about the move.....glad it's working out for you.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

obewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Where in Aus are you?

Just get afew quotes and compare. I rang Chess, Kents, Int movers...Kents were the best quote at $7,800 for 20 foot container.
Thanks all.

Nushooz, we're in Melbourne. Had Kents today, quite pleased with the guy that came. Still have a few boxes unpacked from shipping here, and they can cover no problem. Will see what the quote comes back as.
Chess come tomorrow to quote.

Just wondered if there were others I didn't know about. Thanks
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

We used Movements International for a 40ft Container, they were very good with packing, good service and the cheapest.

Also shop around for insurance we used a UK company that was less than half the local people

Good Luck
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Darcourt is an unknown quantity at this point

Who did you use for insurance?

We are moving back shortly, and everything's booked (Kent - less than 8K for a full 20ft container) and looking for some cheaper insurance to cover the shipping.

D.