Thinking of moving back

Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

claire1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving back

Hi
Im in a bit of a panic. I really want to move back to the uk but i have a bit of a bad credit history and i know if i want to rent somewhere then my credit history is going to be checked and it aint good. Any ideas???? Im really panicking!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:00 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving back

Originally Posted by claire1974
Hi
Im in a bit of a panic. I really want to move back to the uk but i have a bit of a bad credit history and i know if i want to rent somewhere then my credit history is going to be checked and it aint good. Any ideas???? Im really panicking!!!!!!!

Hi!
Where do you live now and is your credit history bad in Britain or where you are currently residing?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Im currently in Spain and i want to go back to UK but my credit history is bad in the UK.

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi!
Where do you live now and is your credit history bad in Britain or where you are currently residing?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:06 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Thinking of moving back

Originally Posted by claire1974
Im currently in Spain and i want to go back to UK but my credit history is bad in the UK.

How bad? Did you just miss a few loan payments or clear off owing billions?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

I owe about 25k. After moving here i kept the loan repayments up for about 9 months but then ran into difficulty and havent paid them for 1 and a half years. Im so worried i cant sleep.
Stupid i should have contacted the lender but just buried my head in the sand so to speak.

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
How bad? Did you just miss a few loan payments or clear off owing billions?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Why don't you try to contact them now. It is better to be prepared and at least try and get a payment plan going. If you could afford it maybe they will take a settlement for less. My neighbour also did this and went to OZ owing £26,000 to one large lender. 4 years later she wanted to return to the UK but was so worried about the outstanding payment. She contacted them and they had 'sold' the loan but the new company who now owned the loan did agree to a settlement figure of £12,500. She paid that out of her house sale and came back with a lighter bank balance but a clearer conscience. Good Luck