thinking about moving to england

Wikiposts

thinking about moving to england

Old May 27th 2009, 3:00 am
Just Joined

yeank-eee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: thinking about moving to england

Originally Posted by robin1234
I think you can rest assured that Americans who live in Britain get their snouts in the public trough and are able to successfully claim benefits - paid for by British taxpayers, including those of South Asian origin.
we by no means would ever plan to live on it, as we are both hard working people.. basically help to get started until we sorted out with our pay coming in (as a lot jobs get paid once a month).. unless we obviously saved up enough to support ourselves for a few months... then by no means would we take it.

but i know like the government sells homes (or rents) for fairly cheap, and for like a 2 or 3 bedroom home, it will cost you like 800 quid a month. does anyone know how that works?
Old May 27th 2009, 3:10 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yeank-eee
we by no means would ever plan to live on it, as we are both hard working people.. basically help to get started until we sorted out with our pay coming in (as a lot jobs get paid once a month).. unless we obviously saved up enough to support ourselves for a few months... then by no means would we take it.

but i know like the government sells homes (or rents) for fairly cheap, and for like a 2 or 3 bedroom home, it will cost you like 800 quid a month. does anyone know how that works?
You get on the list at the bottom and wait for a few years for your name to come up.
You will be bumped regularly by people who have children, single parents etc etc.
And Paki is a racist term, not used like Brit or Yank in any way. Just so you know. Din't you check out UK-YANKEE.?
Old May 27th 2009, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You get on the list at the bottom and wait for a few years for your name to come up.
You will be bumped regularly by people who have children, single parents etc etc.
And Paki is a racist term, not used like Brit or Yank in any way. Just so you know. Din't you check out UK-YANKEE.?

ohh... ok, i didnt know that.

i see how it works though.

i checked that site as well, just getting as much info as possible.. as it will all be useful...
Old May 27th 2009, 3:30 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, good.. so you are a lot like most South Asian immigrants to Britain. Hard-working folk who would only use state benefits as a last resort, and on a temporary basis.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:31 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

If at least one of you is a qualified nurse working in the NHS, you will qualify for key worker housing in certain areas especially in the south of England.
The same applies for teachers, police, prison officers, firemen and many other professions seen as crucial in the community.

See here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndC...mes/DG_4001345

you can rent or buy.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:55 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

well.. since I couldn't find any website for us yanks living abroad, I figured that I would try here.

basically, me and my girlfriend are thinking about moving to England. it should not be a problem for us move, as her dad who lives here is still a British Citizen. I read the laws for me moving, and basically, her and our daughter could claim citizenship through the dad, and then we could get married after and I could get an IPL (intent of Permanent Leave), live in the UK for 3 years, then try for citizenship.

although I would hate this, we would need some government assistance when we first move there.. but would soon be off it.

I am almost finished with uni for teaching Spanish, and my girlfriend studies Nursing. As both (especially here in NY), are becoming hard to find jobs.

Are their many jobs available in those areas? What is the combined salary like compared to the cost of living somewhere in say.. Essex?

Basically any information would be helpful..

thanks
The benefits you will be entitled to, after a qualifying period in the case of non urgent medical assistance, are free education, free healthcare and the ability to work in the UK.

Other than those, you will not have recourse to Social Security benefits including Income Support. Start saving because just as there are financial requirements for immigrants from the UK to the US, so there are financial requirements for emigrants to the UK. A consultation with an experienced attorney might be useful.

"i dunno.. my friend in North London was telling my paki's get it with 1/2 ass applying.. amd being my g.f. will have citizenship it shouldn't be to hard"

It is difficult to believe that you are a soon-to-be college graduate, having read this garbled, racist trash...takes allsorts though.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:56 am
Just Joined

colroy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I,m english and have been waiting for my visa to work in the states for 12 years and they inform me that even with my skills in geothermal if i havn,t got bundles of money in the bank then i,m not welcome over there . although i did speak to a native indian who,s family goes back thousands of years he says i,m welcome.
I think you will find it easier to get settled over here as the UK opens its door to most people. and we help them to get started up in life.
wish you all the best in your move
Old May 27th 2009, 5:49 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

although I would hate this, we would need some government assistance when we first move there.. but would soon be off it.

thanks
Hey septic, if you are sure you would hate asking for government money from UK tax payers then save up enough dollars before you go
Old May 27th 2009, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MR79
your a typical american RACIST FOOL, and in the UK there are lots and lots and lots of indians and pakistani's, and if you have this stupid attitude in the uk you wont last long and try saying it to someone' face directly and you will be sure to be taught a lesson, uk dont need no racist redneck, inbred trash and his troll gf in this country so stay away and we hard working people dont want to be paying for racist scum like you....
funny part is, you should learn how to read, as it said "my friend from NORTH LONDON...".. because that would imply that he was
1) English
2) An immigrant to the UK himself.

since you like to call me a "typical American racist fool", am i entitled to call you a "another stupid immigrant who can't read English" since you basically did not read what I said? Let alone, an Indian was never mentioned, anywhere.

then basically, you are contradicting yourself in that statement, generalizing someone as a "typical American racist fool". Just as my friend generalized "all paki's to soak off the system".

So who really likes to stereotype? Last time i checked, you have never had a black/"pakistani" prime minister.

Originally Posted by Kate2112
The benefits you will be entitled to, after a qualifying period in the case of non urgent medical assistance, are free education, free healthcare and the ability to work in the UK.

Other than those, you will not have recourse to Social Security benefits including Income Support. Start saving because just as there are financial requirements for immigrants from the UK to the US, so there are financial requirements for emigrants to the UK. A consultation with an experienced attorney might be useful.

"i dunno.. my friend in North London was telling my paki's get it with 1/2 ass applying.. amd being my g.f. will have citizenship it shouldn't be to hard"

It is difficult to believe that you are a soon-to-be college graduate, having read this garbled, racist trash...takes allsorts though.

us college kids have no common sense! come on
from reading what everyone is saying, i think he was being sarcastic and meant it like, they basically just give it to everyone (in kind of a mad way)..

however i did not mean anything by it..
Old May 27th 2009, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by srah
Hey septic, if you are sure you would hate asking for government money from UK tax payers then save up enough dollars before you go
don't try to be smart and use cockney rhyme slang, like i don't know what your saying..

just like i told the other, did you happen to read the whole thing?

"we by no means would ever plan to live on it, as we are both hard working people.. basically help to get started until we sorted out with our pay coming in (as a lot jobs get paid once a month).. unless we obviously saved up enough to support ourselves for a few months... then by no means would we take it."
Old May 27th 2009, 5:54 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

don't try to be smart and use cockney rhyme slang, like i don't know what your saying..

just like i told the other, did you happen to read the whole thing?

"we by no means would ever plan to live on it, as we are both hard working people.. basically help to get started until we sorted out with our pay coming in (as a lot jobs get paid once a month).. unless we obviously saved up enough to support ourselves for a few months... then by no means would we take it."
Bugger off troll....a septic troll you'll go down well in the UK - NOT
Old May 27th 2009, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Bugger off troll....a septic troll you'll go down well in the UK - NOT
whatever you want to think..

funny part is.. every time i go.. i get along well with everyone there.
Old May 27th 2009, 5:59 am
Banned

whatever you want to think..

funny part is.. every time i go.. i get along well with everyone there.
Little do you know they are more than likely taking the mickey out of you
Old May 27th 2009, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Little do you know they are more than likely taking the mickey out of you
nahh.. unless i just don't understand scousers.
Old May 27th 2009, 8:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite sure whats happening with this thread, but can you guys please keep racially offensive terms off this forum, they are not welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.