Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

thinking about moving to england

thinking about moving to england

Old May 27th 2009, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

yeank-eee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thinking about moving to england

well.. since I couldn't find any website for us yanks living abroad, I figured that I would try here.

basically, me and my girlfriend are thinking about moving to England. it should not be a problem for us move, as her dad who lives here is still a British Citizen. I read the laws for me moving, and basically, her and our daughter could claim citizenship through the dad, and then we could get married after and I could get an IPL (intent of Permanent Leave), live in the UK for 3 years, then try for citizenship.

although I would hate this, we would need some government assistance when we first move there.. but would soon be off it.

I am almost finished with uni for teaching Spanish, and my girlfriend studies Nursing. As both (especially here in NY), are becoming hard to find jobs.

Are their many jobs available in those areas? What is the combined salary like compared to the cost of living somewhere in say.. Essex?

Basically any information would be helpful..

thanks

Last edited by yeank-eee; May 27th 2009 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking about moving to england

Hi there and welcome to BE I'm sure you'll get some useful replies on here but you should check out this site too:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/

Good luck with your research.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Hi there and welcome to BE I'm sure you'll get some useful replies on here but you should check out this site too:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/

Good luck with your research.
thank you.. that is what i was looking for. couldn't find it to save my life.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

For nursing she will also have to meet NMC requirements once completed training and will also need to pass NCLEX (needs to be license in the US) Jobs will depend and here is a link for jobs as well as NMC

NMC Overseas trained

NHS Jobs
Old May 27th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Also are you sure you will qualify for government assistance?
Old May 27th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Also are you sure you will qualify for government assistance?

i dunno.. my friend in North London was telling my paki's get it with 1/2 ass applying.. amd being my g.f. will have citizenship it shouldn't be to hard
Old May 27th 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
For nursing she will also have to meet NMC requirements once completed training and will also need to pass NCLEX (needs to be license in the US) Jobs will depend and here is a link for jobs as well as NMC

NMC Overseas trained

NHS Jobs
thank you.. those will be very useful!
Old May 27th 2009, 2:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to read about visas for you and your child at www.uk-yankee.com seeing as your GF is a UKC already (maybe)
Old May 27th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

are you being racist in your thread????? or am i reading it wrong???
Old May 27th 2009, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MR79
are you being racist in your thread????? or am i reading it wrong???
racist? haha. i think you read it wrong.

there is always one to pull it out as soon as you say "black, paki, jew or muslim".

although if i said "all the catholics seem to get it....", guaranteed i wouldn't get the same response.

Last edited by yeank-eee; May 27th 2009 at 2:28 pm.
Old May 27th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yeank-eee
racist? haha. i think you read it wrong.

there is always one to pull it out as soon as you say "black, paki, jew or muslim".

although if i said "all the catholics seem to get it....", guaranteed i wouldn't get the same response.
The term "Paki" isn't generally used as a term of affection.
Old May 27th 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

The term "Paki" isn't generally used as a term of affection.
it's shortened for a "pakistani".. you know kinda like i get called a "yank", or saying you "brits" instead of "you "british"

although, after reading that, i think we mite be on two different pages for the context of the word...

political correctness annoys me.

anyway.. back to the topic.. anyone have information on teachers???
Old May 27th 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

it's shortened for a "pakistani".. you know kinda like i get called a "yank", or saying you "brits" instead of "you "british"

although, after reading that, i think we mite be on two different pages for the context of the word...

political correctness annoys me.

Thanks I would never have worked that one out You're going to love England.
Old May 27th 2009, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks I would never have worked that one out You're going to love England.

like i asked..

any information on teachers??
Old May 27th 2009, 2:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

i dunno.. my friend in North London was telling my paki's get it with 1/2 ass applying.. amd being my g.f. will have citizenship it shouldn't be to hard
I think you can rest assured that Americans who live in Britain get their snouts in the public trough and are able to successfully claim benefits - paid for by British taxpayers, including those of South Asian origin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.