Things to get used to

Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to get used to

Amended Amended Amended Rules

1) Tea should be HOT and STRONG
2) Tea should be Indian
3) Tea should be surrounded by a large mound of (real) Jaffa Cakes, and / or Ginger Snaps and Bourbon Creams.

Addendum
a) Use of sugar to carry a punishment of not-less-than one visit to Starbucks.
Proviso: The use of sugar MAY be considered if it is administered in the event of accident involving motorised vehicles and/or chainsaws in which the severance of at least one appendage has occurred.
Note: Should this occur, the (sugared) tea should be administered with a considerable amount of "tutting" and use of the word "dear".
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:15 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Unless sugar has spontaneously developed anti-coagulant properties that were hitherto unknown, I vote this be dismissed as yet more TV-induced hokum
So argumentative so early in the morning - given your jaded 18th century view on the wonders of modern medicine, I can only assume you have not yet applied your daily leeches ?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
So argumentative so early in the morning - given your jaded 18th century view on the wonders of modern medicine, I can only assume you have not yet applied your daily leeches ?
Leeches are so 1562. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go get blistered ...
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:17 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Amended Amended Amended Rules

2) Tea should be Indian
3) Tea should be surrounded by a large mound of (real) Jaffa Cakes, and / or Ginger Snaps and Bourbon Creams.

Addendum
Proviso: The use of sugar MAY be considered if it is administered in the event of accident involving motorised vehicles and/or chainsaws in which the severance of at least one appendage has occurred.
Note: Should this occur, the (sugared) tea should be administered with a considerable amount of "tutting" and use of the word "dear".
Given the Sultans reticence, maybe (for the diehards) we should add another alternative of a slap round the chops accompanied by "man up and stop blubbing you've got 3 more/5 more/another one**"?

** - delete as appropriate
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:17 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Hot glass?

Nice cup of tea will take that right out.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:19 pm

I could recommend something for that too, but no doubt you'd prefer to pour scorn on my medical prowess, rather than the recommended potion on the aforementioned skin condition
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Given the Sultans reticence, maybe (for the diehards) we should add another alternative of a slap round the chops accompanied by "man up and stop blubbing you've got 3 more/5 more/another one**"?

** - delete as appropriate
See, now you're getting the right idea.

I could recommend something for that too, but no doubt you'd prefer to pour scorn on my medical prowess, rather than the recommended potion on the aforementioned skin condition
Huge quantities of painkillers and a nice strong cup of tea is all I need
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:29 pm

Amended Amended Amended Amended Rules

2) Tea should be Indian

Addendum
Proviso: Sugared tea may be deemed inappropriate by certain die-hard consumers. In this instance, a stiff talking to and a disparaging comment regarding the quantity of remaining limbs may be seen as a valid substitute.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:29 pm

Huge quantities of painkillers and a nice strong cup of tea is all I need
"Do you want sugar in that, love?"
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:34 pm
I have a comma problem

"Do you want sugar in that, love?"

And we've gone full circle. Nice work, lads ...
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:35 pm

Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
Amended Amended Amended Amended Rules

2) Tea should be Indian

Addendum
Proviso: Sugared tea may be deemed inappropriate by certain die-hard consumers. In this instance, a stiff talking to and a disparaging comment regarding the quantity of remaining limbs may be seen as a valid substitute.
Hmm, I'll go along with that in the interests of world peace and all that, but I have to say, I'm not totally comfortable with it. I mean if Harolds serf had listened to him and given him a couple of sugars in his last mug of tea instead of slapping him about the head and telling him to "use the other one, sire", the whole course of world history would have changed...
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:39 pm

Teamwork
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Teamwork
There may be no I in team, but there is tea.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I MUST have some kind of sweetener in my tea.

However, there needs to be a milk addendum that should ban half-and-half. creamer or any other kind of 'fake' milk! Lemon is NOT an acceptable alternative in any circumstance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.