Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is there anybody there??????

Is there anybody there??????

Old Oct 12th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

LynziC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there anybody there??????

I travel to work in a relatively small amount of traffic, I walk to the shops on my lunch and never queue for more than a minute, i take a walk down my street and listen to the QUIET, and i often forget i have neighbours because i never see them!!!
I live quite close to adelaide city also.

Now I remember Birmingham.... M6 morning traffic - not to mention friday afternoon. Queuing and queuing and queuing, being shoulder to shoulder at busy times. THE BULLRING compared to marion - oh my god no comparison. My street in england - cars, kids, dogs, people always neighbours out, never for a split second just dead silence.

I must admit, it's a big shock to go from full on crowds to barely nothing but I don't think I'd swap back! I love visiting my hometown but love coming back to oz just as much!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

It really is great to learn what we like and find it.

And it's great that there's so much variety that we have a chance of finding it. I know some people have to live in big cities, but I've learned I'd hate it. Yet there are people desperate to do that.

I'd particularly hate living in a suburb on the edge of a big city. Been there, done that, escaped as soon as we could. Felt stuck on the outside looking in, and too much of a drive to get to the things we kept hearing about.

Also know I don't want to live in a village in the middle of countryside. Stuck on the inside looking out. And too far to drive to get to anything else.

But I know all those options would be heaven to some. Isn't it grand when we get to choose?

Bev
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
It really is great to learn what we like and find it.

And it's great that there's so much variety that we have a chance of finding it. I know some people have to live in big cities, but I've learned I'd hate it. Yet there are people desperate to do that.

I'd particularly hate living in a suburb on the edge of a big city. Been there, done that, escaped as soon as we could. Felt stuck on the outside looking in, and too much of a drive to get to the things we kept hearing about.

Also know I don't want to live in a village in the middle of countryside. Stuck on the inside looking out. And too far to drive to get to anything else.

But I know all those options would be heaven to some. Isn't it grand when we get to choose?

Bev

Ummmm - so what DO you like then
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Ummmm - so what DO you like then
LOL - Bev afraid you have lost me too, if you don't like cities, suburbs or the countryside.

Even living in an inner suburb of Adelaide as I did it was too far to walk to the shops and a pretty unattractive walk at that along a congested and busy main road in the baking heat, can fully understand why Aussies drive everywhere.

In Canberra all the nicer shops are in big malls which means paying to park and parking miles away, it's actually less convenient than the setup in the UK and again everyone drives.

In Sydney (inner suburb) there was a bit more life around the place, and it was so exxy to park a lot more people drove.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:49 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
LOL - Bev afraid you have lost me too, if you don't like cities, suburbs or the countryside..
LOL! I suppose it did sound like that, didn't it.

I mean big cities, all true suburbs, and small villages. I like living closish to the center of small to medium sized towns. At least, that's what's worked so far.

Bev
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

PMSL Bev - you have highly specific living environment needs that is all!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:23 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
LOL! I suppose it did sound like that, didn't it.

I mean big cities, all true suburbs, and small villages. I like living closish to the center of small to medium sized towns. At least, that's what's worked so far.

Bev
Know what you mean Bev, I used to live in Harrogate, perfect size, not too small and not too big, would chew off my right leg to be back there now.