Wikiposts

TELL ME ABOUT SUMMER IN SCOTLAND 2008

Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:10 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TELL ME ABOUT SUMMER IN SCOTLAND 2008

Originally Posted by KILLIELASS
Hi Margaret,
Glad to hear you keep in touch with pals back 'home'. Do you get the Standard posted out to you? I know we did when we stayed in England. Keep telling me all the shitey bits about Melbourne (not letting dogs off lead, poor mutts)!!! and I'll tell you all the crap stuff about Killie, (being taken over by neds etc.) then we might both be happy where we are LOL, grass isn't green anywhere really??? Maybe your wee holiday will get it out your system?
p.s. At least it'll be dry when you walk dog there!
p.p.s. Is it maybe just Melbourne that's crap or everywhere in Australia?
killielass X
we read the standard online, i was shocked a few months ago about summit i read, a little boy whom i used to know pretty well in jail for a few years!!! long story, but i used to take him swimming with my daughter (now 17) to the galleon, he was a sweet wee boy, but, god luv him, you could see where it was all heading,

i luuuuuuuuurrrrrrve reading the standard,

i cant wait to come back, am hoping it will get it outta my system, its me and 10 year old heading back, OH and 17 year old staying here, no matter wot happens am hoping it will give me a clearer view of things, nuffin wrong with mellie, its fantastic, but its not where i belong. Not seen much else of aus (been here 18 months), quite honestly i have no desire to see any of it (ok am curious about tas,lol), but quite frankly we cant afford to see any of it, just surviving here month by month, just the same as we did in killie, but without the scottish banter.

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 24th 2008 at 12:19 am.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:20 am
Just Joined

KILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really nice

Hi Margaret,
Yep it's sad what's happening here. The druggies seem to be on the increase and as usual that's what's behind all the crime,they needing to feed their habit, sometimes it's the decent ones (no disrespect to anybody, we're a' Jock Tamson's weans), but they get into the wrong company and it's downhill from there. Thank God we've been so lucky that we've never been touched by any of that shit! I don't suppose you have that problem there or am I blinkered, is there a lot of crime in Melbourne too? Not being cheeky, but with yer weans ages you're better out of it, if the drug situation's not rife there. See, there's another reason to stay Margaret, LOL! I'm kidding though, I know it's really hard when you are in a place you don't want to be 'cause we felt like you when we stayed in England. I really do think that your holiday will do the trick though, I really hope so. Aye, the Standard is great isn't it, it keeps you bang up to date with a' the hatches, matches and dispatches! (used to know a lot more hatches and matches, but now know more dispatches a bit scary!)LOL
killielass X
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:42 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KILLIELASS
Hi Margaret,
Yep it's sad what's happening here. The druggies seem to be on the increase and as usual that's what's behind all the crime,they needing to feed their habit, sometimes it's the decent ones (no disrespect to anybody, we're a' Jock Tamson's weans), but they get into the wrong company and it's downhill from there. Thank God we've been so lucky that we've never been touched by any of that shit! I don't suppose you have that problem there or am I blinkered, is there a lot of crime in Melbourne too? Not being cheeky, but with yer weans ages you're better out of it, if the drug situation's not rife there. See, there's another reason to stay Margaret, LOL! I'm kidding though, I know it's really hard when you are in a place you don't want to be 'cause we felt like you when we stayed in England. I really do think that your holiday will do the trick though, I really hope so. Aye, the Standard is great isn't it, it keeps you bang up to date with a' the hatches, matches and dispatches! (used to know a lot more hatches and matches, but now know more dispatches a bit scary!)LOL
killielass X
Can’t speak for Melbourne but here in Auckland the crime is definitely on the UP. In the four years we have been here we have seen it get way worse

Lot more gun crime and lots more violent crime and as you said it seems to stem from the druggies. The drug peddlers seem to be targeting the teens as soft targets.

Ultimately crime seems to be a global problem and when I read the Scottish news re drug problems, binge drinking and violent crime and how the politicians answer to the problem is to bend the statistics to make it look like they have / are doing a great job just indicates that politicians all over the planet seem to come out of the same mould

Personally I think it is time we threw that mould away and get people in that will provide results – not statisics

This is the kind of sick stuff happening here

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10539399

and this weeks headlines

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news...ectid=10539019

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news...ectid=10539087

Last edited by Lookin2Oz; Oct 24th 2008 at 8:56 am.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

I thought NZ was absolutely lovely for a holiday, but what surprised me was the amount of car crime there and dangerous driving - it's rife, every newspaper had headlines about hooning and horrible car crashes etc.

My friends had emigrated over there and were gobsmacked to find out that car insurance was not mandatory and they can start driving at 15.

Needless to say some uninsured 15 year old ran up their arse (tailgating in the wet) in his old heap of crap car and then they were left to foot the bill.

Anyway I know 2008 was a bad summer in Scotland, my parents central heating boiler imploded and they reckon they froze their arses off without it - in July.

But no one goes there for the weather eh?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=KILLIELASS;6906314]Hi Margaret,
Yep it's sad what's happening here. The druggies seem to be on the increase and as usual that's what's behind all the crime,they needing to feed their habit, sometimes it's the decent ones (no disrespect to anybody, we're a' Jock Tamson's weans), but they get into the wrong company and it's downhill from there. Thank God we've been so lucky that we've never been touched by any of that shit! I don't suppose you have that problem there or am I blinkered, is there a lot of crime in Melbourne too? Not being cheeky, but with yer weans ages you're better out of it, if the drug situation's not rife there. See, there's another reason to stay Margaret, LOL! I'm kidding though, I know it's really hard when you are in a place you don't want to be 'cause we felt like you when we stayed in England. I really do think that your holiday will do the trick though, I really hope so. Aye, the Standard is great isn't it, it keeps you bang up to date with a' the hatches, matches and dispatches! (used to know a lot more hatches and matches, but now know more dispatches a bit scary!)LOl

killielass X[/QUOT

there's more crime in the standard than the whole of melbourne

still doesnt stop me wanting to be there
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:35 am
Just Joined

KILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really nice

If you could just see what I see when I look out of windae today. It's blowin' a gale, rain is pouring down, leaves and big dirty puddles everywhere, haven't been over the door because of weather, please please please send a little of your summer over here Margaret! LOL
Celia