Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

TD Canada Bank Customers - Transferring Funds

TD Canada Bank Customers - Transferring Funds

Old Jun 5th 2015, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute
Default TD Canada Bank Customers - Transferring Funds

TD customers. I'm having a problem at the minute transferring funds to two different foreign exchanges companies.

Who are you using to transfer funds?
Old Jun 5th 2015, 12:22 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TD Canada Bank Customers - Transferring Funds

I'm with RBC and I've started using XE. I've not experienced any difficulties. What is the problem you have with TD?
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

the1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond reputethe1mag has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using XE for a while with Tangerine Bank (was ING Direct) and never had a problem.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone but I'm looking for TD Bank customers who are able to transfer funds from they bank account to a foreign exchange.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 6:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AB4NOW
Thanks everyone but I'm looking for TD Bank customers who are able to transfer funds from they bank account to a foreign exchange.
What is the problem you have... in a bit more detail?
Old Jun 6th 2015, 11:58 pm
Ex-pat twice?

apskinner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi AB4NOW,

I fit the bill - whats the problem, I use Halo Financial and am a TD customer.
Biggest problem for me is the PITA it is to arrange a Wire and how expensive I consider it to be.

The biggest issue will be when I sell my house and leave canada but they still expect me to go in person to the branch to do the wire transfer!!!!!

Will be trying to talk to someone about this soon as I'm leaving Canada sometime in the next couple of months.

I spoke to HSBC in the UK about Premier Account and would need to open one in Canada to be able to use it online in the UK, but its a lot of hassle for all I'm wanting to do.

Barclays is who Halo use and I was looking to setup an account with them for foreign currency, but you have to be a Barclays customer for a regular UK account and of course you cant do that until you live in the UK etc etc etc
Old Jun 7th 2015, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apskinner
Hi AB4NOW,

I fit the bill - whats the problem, I use Halo Financial and am a TD customer.
Biggest problem for me is the PITA it is to arrange a Wire and how expensive I consider it to be.

The biggest issue will be when I sell my house and leave canada but they still expect me to go in person to the branch to do the wire transfer!!!!!

Will be trying to talk to someone about this soon as I'm leaving Canada sometime in the next couple of months.

I spoke to HSBC in the UK about Premier Account and would need to open one in Canada to be able to use it online in the UK, but its a lot of hassle for all I'm wanting to do.

Barclays is who Halo use and I was looking to setup an account with them for foreign currency, but you have to be a Barclays customer for a regular UK account and of course you cant do that until you live in the UK etc etc etc
Thank you for responding, I'm a TD customer, yet now that I have left the country I can't go into a branch and wire money. I used to use a company that I would just transfer funds online but now they don't use TD. I'm not in the country to set up another account so I was looking for TD customers who transfer money online without going into the branch.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 7:04 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can wire from any Canadian bank without going into the branch unless it is for a smaller sum. But you can use a firm like XE to do the transfer. With XE you just make a transfer to their Canadian account. They then transfer the money to your UK sterling account. If you have online banking it is no hassle.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't think you can wire from any Canadian bank without going into the branch unless it is for a smaller sum. But you can use a firm like XE to do the transfer. With XE you just make a transfer to their Canadian account. They then transfer the money to your UK sterling account. If you have online banking it is no hassle.
That's what I want, online transferring from TD to them then to my UK Bank, like I used to do. 😄 if I had realised it had changed, I would of put something else into place before I left Canada last week. I will look at XE. Thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 1:51 pm
Ex-pat twice?

I'll be going to TD and will let you know how it goes.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

I'll be going to TD and will let you know how it goes.
Thank you that would be a great help. 😄
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:56 pm
Ex-pat twice?

I'm in the middle of chatting to TD but the low down so far suggests that you can set up a power of attorney on your TD accounts with someone you trust (still trying to understand if the papers have to be signed in branch or could be sent to you and returned). That person can then do the Wire on your behalf.

I also discovered from my Forex company that I can transfer the full funds to them into their client account until I need/or have the rate I want to execute a trade. I realise this is too late for you as you already left the country.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 7:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I also discovered from my Forex company that I can transfer the full funds to them into their client account until I need/or have the rate I want to execute a trade. I realise this is too late for you as you already left the country.
Another advantage of HSBC Global View.

I'm leaving a smallish amount in a TD account (a few thousand) and keeping my TD Visa card active. This way if I ever need to access the funds I can just spend them using the credit card and do Easyweb internal TD transfers to pay off the card balance. However the main reason for leaving the funds is for spending money during possible future visits to one or other of the kids.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

I use Td to wire the funds into my Fiance's account. cost 30$$ but tits there wint a 72 span..no problems, I acutallu sent 10,000 £ last week to her she told everything was good no problems
Old Jun 19th 2015, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

I'm in the middle of chatting to TD but the low down so far suggests that you can set up a power of attorney on your TD accounts with someone you trust (still trying to understand if the papers have to be signed in branch or could be sent to you and returned). That person can then do the Wire on your behalf.

Thank you for the info....my forex company have set up direct debit to take the funds from my account when needed. Happy days. 😀 if you need the info pm me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.