Taxes in the UK

Old May 22nd 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taxes in the UK

Originally Posted by Globalcommunismiscoming
No pugsy, they are not splitting hairs. They are explaining reality. Just because you dont like, doesnt mean its not true. In England, there is little incentive to work. Single mothers can extract 30,000 from the welfare system for doing absolutely nothing. All that money mainly comes from everyone else who chooses to go to work and contribute to society.

The cost of consumer goods is not low compared to other countries due to the 17.5% tax and the British willingness to put up with anything. Uni fees are low but most students come out 20k in debt because cost of living is so expensive. Despite whatever Michael Moore says the health care system is terrible, not because of waiting lists but in terms of quality, cleanliness, ect. Everytime I go to the doctors I come out worse than I went in....now unless Im near death I wont go. My mum went into the hospital with a chest complaint, they treated her for a UTI and dismissed her....of course it wasnt a UTI and she was back in with pneumonia....its a shambles.
Ahem, nowhere in this thread did I moan about taxes so don't bring me into. Your experiences are unfortunate, but my experience is extremely positive. Prior to moving to Spain we lived for 10 years in Wales (yes, paying tax quite happily) and the standard of all our public services from education to healthcare was top notch. That's why we plan to go back in a few years when contract is finished.

All I'm saying is that it get's tiresome when moderators correct anything that someone says. Of course in legal stuff it's helpful, but in the context of this thread, not really necessary.
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:42 am
Account Closed

closed account 135 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, tax is robbery. The government could pay for all of its services with deficit spending because it can make as much money as it likes with the cooperation of BoE. In the UK you pay out a lot and in return you get a growing suspicious interfering government that is like something out of a 1984 novel.
So in effect, you are saying that you want all your services/pensions etc, to be paid by other people; sounds like "scrounging" to me.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:21 pm
Banned

Globalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura aboutGlobalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura aboutGlobalcommunismiscoming has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by closed account 135
So in effect, you are saying that you want all your services/pensions etc, to be paid by other people; sounds like "scrounging" to me.
No, you just dont understand what Im saying.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

closed account 135 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you just dont understand what Im saying.
Fair enough, maybe you could give a little bit more detail and insight into what you think and help me understand.