Taxes

Old Mar 19th 2020, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Caz2518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taxes

Hello everyone,

We moved to the UK last June 2019 from the USA. My husband is a US citizen, I was a resident alien ( British citizen ) . I know taxes are a minefield, but I don't know where to start , and I'm panicking ! First of all , our income comes from Social Security and a US military pension, plus a small UK pension from my years working in the UK.

Should we have received a tax document from Social Security ? We started claiming last April 2019, so I don't know if we should ? We haven't received anything yet.

Should we have informed the IRS of our change of address ?

I'm still trying to get our US income paid into our UK bank account, still no luck despite sending documents to the FBU at the US Embassy in London.

Can you give me any advice please ? I would be truly grateful, thank you.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:12 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxes

Yes, SS send out the SSA-1099 with all the info you need for the tax return. Usually goes out in January. As for telling the IRS, no, you don’t have to inform them, your current address on your 2019 1040 is sufficient.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Caz2518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taxes

Thank you