Tax advice

Old Jun 7th 2021, 10:08 am
Just Joined

MaxiGG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax advice

Hello. Am a registered non Dom for over 10 years, but was made redundant in June 2021. When I was made redundant I transferred all offshore money back to UK.

simce this time I have been hanging out back in UK pending new jobs overseas. I have exceeded 183 days but haven’t registered as a tax resident as I knew I’d be heading off again.

this has been pushed back and back and am now leaving July this year.

Any advise on tax situation here? Do I need to register as resident for split year and then become a non Dom again?
Old Jul 4th 2021, 10:45 am
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tax advice

Hello MaxiGG,

If you spend 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year you will be classed as UK resident.

The rules surrounding residence are complex so your personal circumstances would need to be looked at in more detail.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 4th 2021 at 6:14 pm. Reason: Site Rule 9 again - no directing anybody to your services please.