Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Taking Oz No Claims Bonus To UK?

Taking Oz No Claims Bonus To UK?

Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Gill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud of
Default Taking Oz No Claims Bonus To UK?

Hi All

We will be back in the UK in two weeks (yippee!) and are thinking about car insurance.

I have maximum no claims bonus that I transferred from UK to my Australian insurer and have never made a claim. My Australian insurer has confirmed in writing that I have maximum 5 years no claim bonus.

Does anyone know if UK companies will accept this? We have been out of the UK for just over 2 years. I think I read somewhere that if you have been out of the UK for 12 months then you have to go back to square one for no claims?

Any advice appreciated so I don't make a costly mistake when we return.

Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2010, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Oz No Claims Bonus To UK?

I was out of UK for 21yrs and have my full NCB back here (this is my first year of being back). I had a few options in terms of companies but the best thing I did was go through a broker because they could explain my situation (my wife is on a Settlement Visa and Intl licence).

Your situation may not be as complex but going through a broker was a small extra fee very much worth it to us. All that was required was a full statement from the Oz insurer stating we had full NCB and for how many years (your policy statement doesn't usually show this).

We are with Allianz and have made a few changes since at no cost (such as adding occasional business use).