Wikiposts

Sudden return to the UK

Old May 27th 2009, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Worried_mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sudden return to the UK

Hi there
I was not going to claim benefits like job seekers allowance etc.. I am only claiming what every one else gets no mattter how much you earn, like Child benefit and tax credits.
Luckily I know how to budget and cook form scratch and i do not mind hand me downs for the girls. Freecycle is fantastic!
Thanks for the link, i will call them now.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Worried_mum
Hi there
I was not going to claim benefits like job seekers allowance etc.. I am only claiming what every one else gets no mattter how much you earn, like Child benefit and tax credits.
Luckily I know how to budget and cook form scratch and i do not mind hand me downs for the girls. Freecycle is fantastic!
Thanks for the link, i will call them now.

Hi that is exactly what i was saying - it was cricket1 that was advising you not to rely on benefits. Don't worry we claim tax credits and we are 'not relying on benefits' my husband works full time! Like you say, it is a credit that everyone is entitled to, although the tax credits will be worked out on your earnings, but yes the child benefit won't.
Old May 27th 2009, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Worried_mum is an unknown quantity at this point

Every day it gets better.
I think we will be fine.
Thanks everyone.
xxx