Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Subwoofer: ILR and Work Issues Improperly Posted On a Naturalization Thread

Subwoofer: ILR and Work Issues Improperly Posted On a Naturalization Thread

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

subwoofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Subwoofer: ILR and Work Issues Improperly Posted On a Naturalization Thread

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's not a problem. She can correct the mistakes during the interview. The interviewer will go through the questions individually with her and correct them with a red pen. Your friend will then sign the document again to confirm those changes. I'm guessing her interview, however, might take a little longer than usual.
Anyone know if my wife can work on an ILR visa?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Help with citizenchip please......

Originally Posted by subwoofer
Also, is it just the first born child of a us citizen that is entitled to a US passport or can both of my kids apply?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Start your own thread on this. Your question has absolutely NOTHING to do with naturalization.

I moved the posts myself, this time.

Rete
Assistant Administrator

Last edited by Rete; Jul 12th 2007 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Start your own thread on this. Your question has absolutely NOTHING to do with naturalization.

I moved the posts myself, this time.

Rete
Assistant Administrator
OK OK Surely you can see that I am new to the forum and posting in general!
Jesus, take a chill pill man!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subwoofer: ILR and Work Issues Improperly Posted On a Naturalization Thread

Subwoofer,

You don't give half as much info as needed. As I remember, you're a USC and the wife and kids are UKCs. You live on some godforsaken island in the middle of an ocean.

First thing to establish is whether the kids are already USCs. Go to:
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...s/robirth.html
and give us your verdict.

On your other question, your wife can work when she gets here. How long after she gets here depends on which route you take. Could be anywhere from the same day to several months.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Subwoofer: ILR and Work Issues Improperly Posted On a Naturalization Thread

Subwoofer,

You don't give half as much info as needed. As I remember, you're a USC and the wife and kids are UKCs. You live on some godforsaken island in the middle of an ocean.

First thing to establish is whether the kids are already USCs. Go to:
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...s/robirth.html
and give us your verdict.

On your other question, your wife can work when she gets here. How long after she gets here depends on which route you take. Could be anywhere from the same day to several months.
Fabrit,
Thank you, so much more polite than some others on here!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Fabrit,
You're welcome. So, are the kids citizens? If not, it's not a great problem. Just different paperwork.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome. So, are the kids citizens? If not, it's not a great problem. Just different paperwork.
No, both kids are British but Im led to believe that as kids of a USC there shouldnt be too much of a problem
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:11 pm
Septicity

No, both kids are British but Im led to believe that as kids of a USC there shouldnt be too much of a problem
Are they yours (as in flesh and blood) or not?

If so, do you meet the requirements of:

"Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non U.S. citizen parent on or after November 14, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to citizenship providing the U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen. This period of physical presence must have taken place prior to the birth of the child."

Also, are you still in the military?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Fabrit,

This some other is a mod on here, bud, so watch the attitude.

I did you a favor and asked you politely to start your own threads in the future. If you have a problem with that, you know where the door is or I will show it to you.

I strongly suggest you read the forum guidelines before posting again and before being a smart arse.

You aren't that new with 32 posts to your credit. So play by the rules and we will get along fine.

Last edited by Rete; Jul 12th 2007 at 5:31 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:11 pm
BeenThereDoneThat

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
|
| > Fabrit,
| > Thank you, so much more polite than some others on here!
|
| This some other is a mod on here, bud, so watch the attitude.
|
| I did you a favor and asked you politely to start your own threads in
| the future. If you have a problem with that, you know where the door is
| or I will show it to you.
|
| I strongly suggest you read the forum guidelines before posting again
| and before being a smart arse.
|
| You aren't that new with 32 posts to your credit. So play by the rules
| and we will get along fine.
|
| --
| I'm not an attorney. This disclaimer is valid in NYS!
|

Besides, "newness" to any forum of discussion should not be used as an
excuse to lack of common sense.
Injecting an out-of-topic issue to a thread is also inappropriate and
technically, rude!