Storage costs in the UK

Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Lived in Vancouver BC, now back in England, and loving being back.
PhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant future
Question Storage costs in the UK

Does anyone know how much storage costs are in the UK, and/or any names of stoarage companies you may have used. I will be moving back at the end of February, with most of our belongings, and will have to store them until my husband joins me a few months later. They will be coming into London, Thamesport I think?

Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Storage costs in the UK

Originally Posted by PhillyD
Does anyone know how much storage costs are in the UK, and/or any names of stoarage companies you may have used. I will be moving back at the end of February, with most of our belongings, and will have to store them until my husband joins me a few months later. They will be coming into London, Thamesport I think?

Thanks.
Hi there! We had a look at the Big Yellow Storage Depot company. I think they have a website, you'll need to do a search, but we found the prices unbelievably high! So, we sold everything and we're now having to buy it all again! You have to weigh it all up really but there are other companies around. Just do a google search for storage depots in the area you need. Alternatively have you got any friends/family that have an empty garage or shed?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

This may help a little...

http://www.thebigyellow.co.uk/HTML/f...ion=slough.htm

http://www.admiralsyard.co.uk/self-s...sw-london.html

http://www.spaces.uk.com/html/homepage.asp

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

asacairns is an unknown quantity at this point

I use The Big Yellow Storage Company in Brighton. Two hours drive from London. They charge 52 pounds for a medium sized cage, and have been very professional to deal with.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

PhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hi there! We had a look at the Big Yellow Storage Depot company. I think they have a website, you'll need to do a search, but we found the prices unbelievably high! So, we sold everything and we're now having to buy it all again! You have to weigh it all up really but there are other companies around. Just do a google search for storage depots in the area you need. Alternatively have you got any friends/family that have an empty garage or shed?
Hi Glitterbabe,

yes I am trying to weigh all the pro's and con's. It seems in the long run it will be cheaper to store it than try to replace it all. Although when I was over in London before Christmas I was suprised at how little prices there have gone up since I came out here. It really used to seem like a bargain basement to shop in Vancouver compared to England, but not anymore.Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

That's great thanks I will look at them all, my head is spinning with all that there is to do.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asacairns
I use The Big Yellow Storage Company in Brighton. Two hours drive from London. They charge 52 pounds for a medium sized cage, and have been very professional to deal with.
Hello, thanks for this, is the price per week or per month. They have quoted me £150 a month for a 10 x 10 storage. In Orpington Kent.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:41 am
Homesick....

Aqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant future

Hi Glitterbabe,

yes I am trying to weigh all the pro's and con's. It seems in the long run it will be cheaper to store it than try to replace it all. Although when I was over in London before Christmas I was suprised at how little prices there have gone up since I came out here. It really used to seem like a bargain basement to shop in Vancouver compared to England, but not anymore.Thanks.

I have been looking online and it is amazing how much furniture and clothes, whitegoods etc cost compared to Australia.... im going to love shopping there!