Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

storage in australia instead if shipping back

storage in australia instead if shipping back

Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default storage in australia instead if shipping back

We are looking to return back to UK in October after 2yrs in Oz but because we are not 100% certain , I thought it would be best if we stored our furniture here for a few months and then hopefully after a few months back in Blighty we will definately know where we want to be. Then can get it shipped back if thats the case.

Just wondered if anyone else had done this.

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: storage in australia instead if shipping back

Under your name it says you are in Perth, SOR.

I'd sugget you contact Crown Relocations. They'll be able to store your belongings. And if you later decide to ship them back to the UK, they can do that as well. Or, if you decide to come back to Oz, they can re-deliver it to your new home.

http://www.crownrelocations.com.au/
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wanderer1970
We are looking to return back to UK in October after 2yrs in Oz but because we are not 100% certain , I thought it would be best if we stored our furniture here for a few months and then hopefully after a few months back in Blighty we will definately know where we want to be. Then can get it shipped back if thats the case.

Just wondered if anyone else had done this.

Thanks
Hi ,
yeah we did this once for exactly the same reason...!!! I think we were away for 3 years so paying for staorage was a bloody pain!! We did come back though and although it was nice to have some things again, I don't think I would bother with it again...
Best of luck!
Dan
Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Kent removals in Perth also do this. They shipped our container in Nov 09 and it only took 5 weeks to get to Scotland

We are now paying £52 a week for storage in Scotland as it arrived quicker than we expected. (That is for a 20 foot container).

http://www.kentmoving.com/scripts/wr...dingpage1.html

Forgot to add - Kent's quote was cheaper than Chess.