Sticking Point

Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sticking Point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Kids, they can be the sticking point.

Married to an aussie he/she can make them stay in OZ, once the marriage is over.

And one many dont consider Pom couple emigrate, become aussie citizens, one partner wants to leave, the other partner wants the kids to stay in OZ the court will probably make them stay.

Easier to divorce a spouse than your kids
Yes, that really is a kicker for many (usually women) wanting to leave the country. Often the other partner who insists on "their rights" has been something of a control freak type to begin with so no chance of an escape by appealing to their "better nature". My heart absolutely goes out to women trapped because of that - it's the double whammy of being trapped and isolated and kept that way until the kids get old enough to make the decision. More often than not they cant even escape the jurisdiction and have to have pretty close contact which in effect is further isolating especially if their other half is an Aussie and they are living in close proximity to the other's family with all the power that endows upon the OH.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Yes, that really is a kicker for many (usually women) wanting to leave the country. Often the other partner who insists on "their rights" has been something of a control freak type to begin with so no chance of an escape by appealing to their "better nature". My heart absolutely goes out to women trapped because of that - it's the double whammy of being trapped and isolated and kept that way until the kids get old enough to make the decision. More often than not they cant even escape the jurisdiction and have to have pretty close contact which in effect is further isolating especially if their other half is an Aussie and they are living in close proximity to the other's family with all the power that endows upon the OH.
Yep. Only another 8 years for me It's not even that I 100% hate Australia, but I do loathe bogansville i.e. Queensland. Why wasn't my ex a Melburnian?!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Yep. Only another 8 years for me It's not even that I 100% hate Australia, but I do loathe bogansville i.e. Queensland. Why wasn't my ex a Melburnian?!!!!
Well, you are under 10 now and, just think, that is closer than the beginning of this century - it will zip by in a flash!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Well, you are under 10 now and, just think, that is closer than the beginning of this century - it will zip by in a flash!
If I'm not clinically insane by then!!! If I wasn't studying and working at a university I think I would have topped myself by now, what with the average Queenslander's utter stupidity, unworldliness and complete inability to critically think.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:58 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not clinically insane by then!!! If I wasn't studying and working at a university I think I would have topped myself by now, what with the average Queenslander's utter stupidity, unworldliness and complete inability to critically think.
Are you daring to question the intelligence of any Australian?! Wash your mouth out!

Just ask Hutch and his ilk; Australians are the world's cleverest and most sophisticated people.

Bar none.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willamos
Are you daring to question the intelligence of any Australian?! Wash your mouth out!

Just ask Hutch and his ilk; Australians are the world's cleverest and most sophisticated people.

Bar none.
Yes, I'm sure. I WAS married to one lol!!!

Hutch is half Aussie isn't he?
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:39 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm sure. I WAS married to one lol!!!

Hutch is half Aussie isn't he?
Bits of him are Aussie.

His one-eyed ''Australia should not be criticised'' view of things is quite Aussie.

His love of being scornful of the UK is also quite Aussie.

He can be quite witty and clever when he wants to be though. That's not very Aussie.