Reload this Page >

Steps needed for UK settlement,etc. -Thai wife

Wikiposts

Steps needed for UK settlement,etc. -Thai wife

Old May 29th 2013, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Mushy P is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Steps needed for UK settlement,etc. -Thai wife

Hi...just joined. I'm sure the info's here somewhere...
but what are the steps for my Thai wife (currently on 5 year multiple entry UK visa till 2015) to settle in UK please?
I understand that I as her British husband will need to show prove of income support for her too?

We are buying a property this Summer. We have one son aged 8. My wife and son have visited UK many times, but not lived there. My son was born outside UK but has British passport. I last worked in the UK more than 25 years ago, and have paid virtually no NI contributions. We aim to move back to settle in about 2018, so that our son can complete his schooling there.

Any comments gratefully received...thank you...
Mushy P
Old May 30th 2013, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steps needed for UK settlement,etc. -Thai wife

Originally Posted by Mushy P
but what are the steps for my Thai wife (currently on 5 year multiple entry UK visa till 2015) to settle in UK please?
Could you please specify what the visa is that you refer to and what country you are currently living in?
Old May 31st 2013, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

If you are currently outside the UK and your wife has a 5-year visitor visa you will need to apply for a spouse visa under the new rules.
The best place to start for a general overview and links to the rules is the BritishExpats wiki page (see below) or the big, loooooong sticky thread a the top of this forum
Old May 31st 2013, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Mushy P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help englishguygoinghome...
It looks like I'm trying to scrounge benefits too - but I'm not....

Mushy P