Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Staines as in Heathrow? HELP!

Wikiposts

Staines as in Heathrow? HELP!

Old Dec 11th 2010, 8:16 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Staines as in Heathrow? HELP!

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hi Mr Bobby on the beat!!

It is in Bedfont Road, Staines, which seems to be a massive road south of Heathrow.

I hear your negativity which is probably why you have more than a few posts on the Australia forum.

I'm quite negative about the area to be honest, I think thats down to the job and dealing with drunks, violence and vomit Friday/Saturday night in Staines town.

Happens here in Australia too, though I have no idea of the comparison ratio to the UK. Smaller population = less fighting drunks? I don't have a clue.
That is a long road, so could be a long walk, can't offer much about buses to there i'm afraid.

And yes I'm fully aware that it happens in Oz, been over many times and seen it, and have friends who are in the job over there. I still pop in Expats from time to time, but we're not moving over now.

Things are settled here and while I prefer the hotter weather, i'm content.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 9:02 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It is in Bedfont Road, Staines, which seems to be a massive road south of Heathrow.
Anywhere near the SwissPort building by any chance?
There are buses around there that have stops on, or close to Bedfont Road, and go to either Hatton Cross/Hounslow and/or Southall. It's actually possible to walk to Bedfont Road from Terminal 4 (which has a Tube station). Also there are free of charge buses that operate between the different airport terminals, and some of them can drop you off close to Bedfont Road.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

My grandparents lived in Wraysbury which was nice and I had family in Datchet. My mum used to get to Waterloo from Wraysbury if that is the line Staines is on.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 6:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Well been for a good old Wiki look around today and it says Staines is one of the worst chav towns in the South ooooeeerrrr........
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:44 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

People have mentioned some lovely places around that area.

I loved my house North of Heathrow - and lived in that area for 20 years.

I just don't think I'd choose to live there again with the noise, the traffic, the traffic polution.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:14 am

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Well been for a good old Wiki look around today and it says Staines is one of the worst chav towns in the South ooooeeerrrr........
Lol, it is. Many youngsters walking about who think they're from the hood. What makes me laugh is hearing the white lads who try and sound like they're from Jamaica! I'm not joking it's comical.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:38 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
Lol, it is. Many youngsters walking about who think they're from the hood. What makes me laugh is hearing the white lads who try and sound like they're from Jamaica! I'm not joking it's comical.
Isn't Staines where "AliG" is supposed to be from? That was his whole schtick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_la5XiQJdk
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:00 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Isn't Staines where "AliG" is supposed to be from? That was his whole schtick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_la5XiQJdk
Yes apparently it's "Ali G's" hometown.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:09 am
Home Sweet Home

I remember the two lads on The Royle Family doing that too, Antony and his mate Darren.

It does go on here to a certain extent, but it's normally Middle Eastern guys talking the talk, not so much Jamaican as wannabe black American rappers, wearing da bling , and driving these ghetto type cars, one young lad I work with has a fluoro purple lowered car with white leather interior, even the gear stick is covered in white leather LOL!!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:09 pm

Thankfully its not hit my part of Surrey........yet
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:47 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully its not hit my part of Surrey........yet
Where are you in Surrey?

Oh...Staines is in Middlesex
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Wraysbury is a nice wee place on the banks of the Thames, easily within earshot of Heathrow airport which, incidentally, has been seriously disrupted by heavy snowfalls for the past 24 hours...again. Gatwick has now managed to re-open again after tonnes of the thick white stuff have been blown clear of the runways.

There are some gorgeous homes in and around Wraysbury, all with double glazing and sound proofing of course , something which may not apply to Windsor Castle, not too far away from there, as the Queen apparently, when in residence there, has often complained about the never ending roar of aircraft approaching and leaving Heathrow.

The comedienne Beryl Reid used to live in Wraysbury, literally right on the banks of the River Thames, her home being called Honeypot Cottage. One of her close neighbours was the actress Susan George.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

What makes me laugh is hearing the white lads who try and sound like they're from Jamaica! I'm not joking it's comical.
That's not at all uncommon - once I was travelling on a late night Northern Line tube train heading for South Wimbledon and several white lads were in the same carriage, some of them speaking pure ghetto-speak, just as if they had just flown in from Jamaica but my guess was that they had probably never before in their entire lives been further away from their South London homes than South Croydon or Banstead.

Conversely I've overheard black guys talking pure cut glass Eton or Harrow, but not on the Northern Line.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 9:21 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Wraysbury is a nice wee place on the banks of the Thames, easily within earshot of Heathrow airport which, incidentally, has been seriously disrupted by heavy snowfalls for the past 24 hours...again. Gatwick has now managed to re-open again after tonnes of the thick white stuff have been blown clear of the runways.

There are some gorgeous homes in and around Wraysbury, all with double glazing and sound proofing of course , something which may not apply to Windsor Castle, not too far away from there, as the Queen apparently, when in residence there, has often complained about the never ending roar of aircraft approaching and leaving Heathrow.

The comedienne Beryl Reid used to live in Wraysbury, literally right on the banks of the River Thames, her home being called Honeypot Cottage. One of her close neighbours was the actress Susan George.
Yes I have "investigated" Wraysbury as bevinva had mentioned it along with some other places, funnily enough I LOVE the sound of jet engines but not sure if I would as much, if they were flying over my home everyday.

Thank you all for your help, it is so hard to find out about a place when you have never been there before, I suppose it's like emigrating to another country in a lot of ways, well this Northerner could soon be living darn Sarf......watch this space......
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have "investigated" Wraysbury as bevinva had mentioned it along with some other places, funnily enough I LOVE the sound of jet engines but not sure if I would as much, if they were flying over my home everyday.

Thank you all for your help, it is so hard to find out about a place when you have never been there before, I suppose it's like emigrating to another country in a lot of ways, well this Northerner could soon be living darn Sarf......watch this space......
I tend not to get as upset about the jets flying around here going to the air station as my husband does, I think it's because jet noise reminds me of Sundays at my Nanny's house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.