Soooooooooooo lonley!!!!!

Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Soooooooooooo lonley!!!!!

Originally Posted by ezzie
Not just the Scots Margaret....try having a Brummy sense of humour and surviving here! I have learnt to 'contain' myself and relish meeting other Brits with similar sense of the absurd - it's like releasing the shackles. It's only when I'm with fellow Brits that I can have a good belly laugh....although I have to admit, I've come across some who seemed to have had their funny bones removed as part of the migration process lately. So is it that humour is so cultural that Aussies are funny - but just to each other, or do Brits really have a better sense of humour. I watch Spicks and Specks to remind myself that they do.

my best pal here is a brummy, just been on the phone to her, fair cheered me up
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caledonia
hi all. I've posted before saying unsure wot to do as happy here but feeling homesick. you were all really good - despite most of you wanting to go back to britain, i was adviced to wait and see if just homesickness and not rush back as we liked it here. What i am saying is, you didnt just jump on and tell me "move back to britain" ... you were really good and told me to sweat it out and see what happens, despite most of you being unhappy abroad.

so here I am again - still liking it here, maybe even loving it - the climate, the short drive to work, the happiness of the children - loads to be happy about - but some days the feeling of lonlieness is just crushing. have met some ok people - cannot replace friends back home but nice enough and could probably become good friends, but it just doesnt do it. nobidy ever phones us - we are always the ones to phone them to meet up. If we didnt do it then we would never see anyone. have teengae kids so they got phoned but not us. dont meen to sound sad, but always had plenty of offers back in scotland, although true we both grew up there. but here we just seem to be trying to fill the time when were off work.

but we do boht really like it here and dont much fancy going back to scotland. we lived in the norht of scotland and the weather was grim plus house prices through the roof - lots of english moving up with loadsamoney (no offence - jsut trying for a better life like we all are) so not happy there either although surrounded by good friends.

so to summarise;
like/maybe love it here
happy children
good lifestlye
easy commute
BUT...........lonlieness that is palpable and no real friends to share good times with...............what do we do??????????????
sorry to hear you are feeling lonely

pm if you fancy meeting up for a coffee
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

What's S & S?
Not some sort of kinky bondage is it?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
my best pal here is a brummy, just been on the phone to her, fair cheered me up
Quick Margaret...give me her number and I'll phone her up too!
What part of Brum is she from?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Quick Margaret...give me her number and I'll phone her up too!
What part of Brum is she from?
you mean there's more than one part,

she posts on here some times, usually the barbie (shazmac), she's wierd though seems to like australia, been here 2 years with no intention of going back
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

That is weird!!!!
I'll keep an eye out for her on the boards. Actually, I envy anyone who goes 'love it here!'. Especially people who go home for a visit and scuttle back here as fast as Qantas can carry them - although that used to be me, then I saw the light.

and don't think your quip about Brum has not been noted and will be used against you in future repartee - I'll have you know there are two parts of Brum - the Black Country and ........errrr.....OK, you're right, just the one part!

you mean there's more than one part,

she posts on here some times, usually the barbie (shazmac), she's wierd though seems to like australia, been here 2 years with no intention of going back
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

What's S & S?
Not some sort of kinky bondage is it?
Nope, boring as b*tsh*t Spicks and Specks!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:16 pm

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Soooooooooooo lonley!!!!!

That is weird!!!!
I'll keep an eye out for her on the boards. Actually, I envy anyone who goes 'love it here!'. Especially people who go home for a visit and scuttle back here as fast as Qantas can carry them - although that used to be me, then I saw the light.

and don't think your quip about Brum has not been noted and will be used against you in future repartee - I'll have you know there are two parts of Brum - the Black Country and ........errrr.....OK, you're right, just the one part!

thanks for all the replies and advice. lots to think about. I think we could "love it" here if we had our friends. really do not want to go back to scotland. and the kids (well young adults really) would hate to go back. but dont want to stay just for them - funny that since one of the reasons for coming was it would be good for them - maybewe just twist things to suit us???

not going anywhere short term so will just enjoy it just now anyhow. thnaks again
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:35 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all. I've posted before saying unsure wot to do as happy here but feeling homesick. you were all really good - despite most of you wanting to go back to britain, i was adviced to wait and see if just homesickness and not rush back as we liked it here. What i am saying is, you didnt just jump on and tell me "move back to britain" ... you were really good and told me to sweat it out and see what happens, despite most of you being unhappy abroad.

so here I am again - still liking it here, maybe even loving it - the climate, the short drive to work, the happiness of the children - loads to be happy about - but some days the feeling of lonlieness is just crushing. have met some ok people - cannot replace friends back home but nice enough and could probably become good friends, but it just doesnt do it. nobidy ever phones us - we are always the ones to phone them to meet up. If we didnt do it then we would never see anyone. have teengae kids so they got phoned but not us. dont meen to sound sad, but always had plenty of offers back in scotland, although true we both grew up there. but here we just seem to be trying to fill the time when were off work.

but we do boht really like it here and dont much fancy going back to scotland. we lived in the norht of scotland and the weather was grim plus house prices through the roof - lots of english moving up with loadsamoney (no offence - jsut trying for a better life like we all are) so not happy there either although surrounded by good friends.

so to summarise;
like/maybe love it here
happy children
good lifestlye
easy commute
BUT...........lonlieness that is palpable and no real friends to share good times with...............what do we do??????????????
were about in Scotland are you from?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

:
That is weird!!!!

she and her OH have also said if they ever do go back , they will live in scotland, see and english person with sense
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

This is the same Brummy who'd never go back is it?
My hubby went to Glasgow Uni...lived on Dumbarton Street, Partick - he's well and truly 'over' Scotland.

However, we visit our friends up in Inverurie...lovely, just a tad bleak though. I was so suprised that there wasn't a thriving pub, traditional music scene going on up there. Had a lovely visit to Pennan and nearly got blown off the planet with the force of the wind. My favourite film was filmed there.

If I moved back to Scotland my kids could have free Uni!
:

she and her OH have also said if they ever do go back , they will live in scotland, see and english person with sense
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:24 am
Account Closed

This is the same Brummy who'd never go back is it?
My hubby went to Glasgow Uni...lived on Dumbarton Street, Partick - he's well and truly 'over' Scotland.

However, we visit our friends up in Inverurie...lovely, just a tad bleak though. I was so suprised that there wasn't a thriving pub, traditional music scene going on up there. Had a lovely visit to Pennan and nearly got blown off the planet with the force of the wind. My favourite film was filmed there.

If I moved back to Scotland my kids could have free Uni!
I love Partick, i used to partake in the pubs there in my younger days

am too scared now, cant run fast enough
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:29 am
Just Joined

davic_4351 has a brilliant futuredavic_4351 has a brilliant futuredavic_4351 has a brilliant futuredavic_4351 has a brilliant futuredavic_4351 has a brilliant futuredavic_4351 has a brilliant future

so to summarise;
like/maybe love it here
happy children
good lifestlye
easy commuteBUT...........lonlieness that is palpable and no real friends to share good times with...............what do we do??????????????
Like everywhere else, life is what you make it.
I have been in Canada, since Christmas eve 1967, I live on Vancouver Island.
I have visited the UK 3 times only since being here.
The family has grown with nieces and nephews in the UK.
You will find, that you do most of the communicating (why I dont know), almost like they can't afford to call.
They ask when are we going for another visit, hell they can afford to come here, but don't.
I find it more relaxing touring the vastness of Canada, and the west coast of the USA, after all I know what the UK is about.
Hang in there.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:44 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Do you think it is an entitlement to be perfectly happy in all respects?
What a very strange question?

Originally Posted by Emma M
That's a very good question.
No it isn't, it's a very pertinent and uncalled for question.

Hi Caledonia, I am sorry to hear you sounding so lonely and believe me. I know how that feels. Are your children in any sports teams here? Do you ever go to the Beaumaris Sports & Social club in Iluka? Where abouts are you in Perth?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:29 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;6221075]What a very strange question?

No it isn't, it's a very pertinent and uncalled for question.

QUOTE]

I don't think you mean pertinent do you and I think my remark is fair. Conceptually it applies well within an islamic community such as where I live in Bowsher.

I just don't think it is an entitlement or right and that you are very lucky to be happy all of the time. Most of the world is not - but I am not proposing that most of the world is unhappy. I am glad that I am not a Bangladeshi or born and living in Congo, Zimbabwe, North China and many other places where I guess that on average I am more happy than them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.