Sooo glad to be home X

Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sooo glad to be home X

Well we've been back in the UK 8 weeks now and despite all our fears, its all been ok. Hubby went straight back to work (as if he'd been on a weekend break), kids slipped straight back into school with no problems and are sooo happy. I'm back working part time. We're all enjoying certain things we took forgranted; the cooler weather, snow, cheaper shopping, fashion, culture,heritage, local pubs and country walks. We are very lucky to live in the area we do (village in Suffolk) and didn't appreciate everything we had before! little things like going shopping and seeing familiar faces, stopping for a chat, my mum in law popping over the road from her farm for a cuppa and a gossip, driving a few miles down the road to see my sister and going for a bite to eat with mates you've had since school. little things like that we took forgranted and we're glad to be back. For all of you dreading coming back to the UK - DON'T!!!! We worried about what people would say (thinking back to all the emotional goodbyes at the leaving party), but everyone's been great and just glad to see us alive and well! Good luck to all those returning X
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:06 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sooo glad to be home X

Originally Posted by glittababe
Well we've been back in the UK 8 weeks now and despite all our fears, its all been ok. Hubby went straight back to work (as if he'd been on a weekend break), kids slipped straight back into school with no problems and are sooo happy. I'm back working part time. We're all enjoying certain things we took forgranted; the cooler weather, snow, cheaper shopping, fashion, culture,heritage, local pubs and country walks. We are very lucky to live in the area we do (village in Suffolk) and didn't appreciate everything we had before! little things like going shopping and seeing familiar faces, stopping for a chat, my mum in law popping over the road from her farm for a cuppa and a gossip, driving a few miles down the road to see my sister and going for a bite to eat with mates you've had since school. little things like that we took forgranted and we're glad to be back. For all of you dreading coming back to the UK - DON'T!!!! We worried about what people would say (thinking back to all the emotional goodbyes at the leaving party), but everyone's been great and just glad to see us alive and well! Good luck to all those returning X
WELCOME HOME GLITTABABE............at least you tried it, so dont have regrets just have the memories.....be happy in your life. Just sent you Karma.
Donna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
WELCOME HOME GLITTABABE............at least you tried it, so dont have regrets just have the memories.....be happy in your life. Just sent you Karma.
Donna
Ahh thanks Donna. We don't have any regrets as we did and saw so much and gave the kids an experience of a lifetime. Financially (well we won't go there), but needless to say we'll think very carefully about future decisions. Our main priority is doing whats best for the boys. The school they go to is amazing, a small pretty village school with 60 children in total, 11 per class. Its education that we wouldn't be able to get in oz. We've asked the children what they want and all three have stated they are happy here, and definately happy with the snow (my 5 yr old thought he'd never see snow)!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:25 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh thanks Donna. We don't have any regrets as we did and saw so much and gave the kids an experience of a lifetime. Financially (well we won't go there), but needless to say we'll think very carefully about future decisions. Our main priority is doing whats best for the boys. The school they go to is amazing, a small pretty village school with 60 children in total, 11 per class. Its education that we wouldn't be able to get in oz. We've asked the children what they want and all three have stated they are happy here, and definately happy with the snow (my 5 yr old thought he'd never see snow)!
Well what more can you say.....if your kids are happy then thats half the battle....i am sure you had a fantastic time, sometimes it just doesnt work out how you would expect it to. i truely believe things happen for a reason, and as for money......well its only money....you are rich in happiness.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:52 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glittababe
Its nice to hear good posts from returnees. Keep us informed. And dont ever regret what you did, most people will never get a chance to see and do as much. And now you can appreciate it all so much more!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by callë
Hi Glittababe
Its nice to hear good posts from returnees. Keep us informed. And dont ever regret what you did, most people will never get a chance to see and do as much. And now you can appreciate it all so much more!
well done for posting this, it really does help to hear that it is ok to go home!!!! take care and best wishes
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

[QUOTE=nursenancy] Same as above. thanks for posting a positive comment about moving home. For those of us about to do it it makes us feel better that if it can work for you it will be ok for us too. I can't wait to be home and see my family again. Enjoy your new life
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glittababe

I'm happy that you are happy

You had an experience and learned a lot.

Maybe one day you may decide to do it again. If not then you are happy where you are.

Best wishes

G
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Glittababe

I'm happy that you are happy

You had an experience and learned a lot.

Maybe one day you may decide to do it again. If not then you are happy where you are.

Best wishes

G
Thanks guys! We'll definately go again, but just for a holiday. Our eldest son has said he'd like to go back when his schoolings finished, which sounds like a good plan! We're glad we've been there and experienced oz lifestyle but we're happy to be home! X
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys! We'll definately go again, but just for a holiday. Our eldest son has said he'd like to go back when his schoolings finished, which sounds like a good plan! We're glad we've been there and experienced oz lifestyle but we're happy to be home! X

Hi ! How long were you in Oz for ?
Tass.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:13 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Its bloody brilliant isnt it lol....

We got back 2 weeks ago and have no regrets what so ever.

We are homeless, skint but happy!!!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

muttymutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish
Its bloody brilliant isnt it lol....

We got back 2 weeks ago and have no regrets what so ever.

We are homeless, skint but happy!!!

Agree with you all, its lovely to hear that your life doenst end the minute you step off the plane in the UK!!!
Can't wait to get back to 'normal'

keep us posted!!!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:36 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by muttymutt
Agree with you all, its lovely to hear that your life doenst end the minute you step off the plane in the UK!!!
Can't wait to get back to 'normal'

keep us posted!!!
Mate, my life started again the minute I got off that plane at Manchester LOL
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:55 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish
Mate, my life started again the minute I got off that plane at Manchester LOL

Scottish, glad to hear its going well. Please keep us posted on how you are doing settling back in. There are so many posters that slag the UK (I know, it is an expat forum so of course many on here have left or are leaving Britain.) But so many of us on this returning part really want to hear all the lovely details.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:14 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

welcome home Glitterbabe....isn't it just lovely to see all that greenary!!!
.....local pubs, proper fish n chips, humour on the TV, Peter Kaye ( sorry but he's my main man at the mo..for laughter that is )..the list could go on eh but I don't want to make Calle too upset.....

Stay happy
P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.