Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

Any of the anthems sung by the four home nations at the rugby internationals.

"Streets of London" - Ralph McTell. > Stops me feeling sorry for myself.

"Theme tune - Only fools and horses."
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
For me it is Jerusalem which my wife thinks is odd as i am not even slightly religious and it is a hymm I just find it incredibly stirring.
Agreed. Land of Hope and Glory also raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Last Night of the Proms will guarantee me sobbing like a baby.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:28 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The Wildhearts - Greetings From Shitsville.

-------------------
The paper's hanging off the walls, there's 'roaches dancing in the halls
You still pay your fortune to crawl down misery street
The euthanasia dream brigade are melting in the Hampstead shade
The zombies of life they parade down misery street

CHORUS:
So come on over with something to do , baby, I need the company
Greetings now from Shitsville, NW3
Why do we stay here, God only knows - it's not the scenery
Greetings now from Shitsville, NW3
Greetings now from Shitsville, London
-------------------

Great tune.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Anything by Elgar..
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:31 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

"Tunnel Of Love" by Dire Straits.

"Take Me Home" by Phil Collins
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

chumbawamba - I get knocked down
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough

you'll never walk alone Gerry@The Pacemaker's
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

aliceinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

manchester.........Beautiful South.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Anything by Oasis!
we saw Noel Gallagher the other night in DC - he played a few Oasis tracks as well as his new stuff. I was like a teenager again! Really made me think of home
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough

Kathy Virginia is a lovely place also but I know last year i want to see elton john in Ma also rod stewart loved the concerts as last time I had seen rod was at watford in 1974
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:36 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

'London calling' - 'The Clash', of course!

Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

West End Girls East End Boy's Pet Shop Boys
Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Thats Entertainment by The Jam. Lyrics sum up life in England perfectly even 30 years later.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of

This is home, by Switchfoot, they are not a Brit band..but the song always chokes me up...the lyrics are spot on with how I feel...

I've got my memories, always inside of me,
but I can't go back, back to how it was,
I believe you now, I've come too far,
No I can't go back, back to how it was
Created for a place i've never known,
this is home...

The rest of the lyrics are about accepting where one is, but my mindset can't quite get to grips with This (USA) is home!!...check it out on you tube...in the movie narnia, and the latest movie with chimps (I forget the name of it!). BTW Oasis was my all time fave....but right now my kids are going crazy over the British invasion..The Wanted and One Direction boy bands...and so am I!!!!brings back memories!!!!

Last edited by usoruk; Apr 15th 2012 at 2:11 am.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Anything by the Smiths, Blur but especially Pulp and The Verve. My daughter has also gone nuts over One Direction and I'm feeling a bit cougerish over my guilty crush on those guys! There, now you know my secret.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.