Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:33 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

If you were anywhere else in the World, is there a song that would automatically make you think of home in the UK?

I quite like Missing Andy's The Way we're made (Made in England.)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:36 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Songs that remind you of home in the UK?

I mentioned Half Man Half Biscuit on another thread.
"All I Want For Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit" and "Bottleneck At Capel Curig" are a bit nostalgic but take me right back to Blighty as soon as I hear them.

It is funny how even the memory of bank holiday bottlenecks at Capel Curig can make me homesick.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

For me it is Jerusalem which my wife thinks is odd as i am not even slightly religious and it is a hymm I just find it incredibly stirring.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:38 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Waterloo Sunset by the Kinks. Not my era musically, but evokes memories nevertheless.

Rolling in the Deep by Adele was going round in my head as we were in the taxi going to the airport last February prior to departing the UK. Couldn't get away from the refrain...'could have had it all'

There was also a song last year which contained the lyrics, 'I'll leave the door on the latch and the kettle on, and it will be like you were never gone' this comforted me in homesick moments.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Apr 2nd 2012 at 7:46 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
For me it is Jerusalem which my wife thinks is odd as i am not even slightly religious and it is a hymm I just find it incredibly stirring.
Yes, that hym does it for me too.
And I'm not religious either.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

The streets you're walking on
A thousand houses long
Well, that's where I belong
And you belong with me

Oh what good is it to live
With nothing left to give
Forget but not forgive
Not loving all you see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTbBd...eature=related
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:13 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Hometown Glory - Adele

This song makes me cry nearly every time I hear it. I don't really have a hometown, and I think of England and how I might have had one and I just bawl. Great song- just beautiful.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Stranger on the Shore by Acker Bilk, Pensford, Zummerzet
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:22 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Anything by Oasis!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Down in the tube station at midnight - The Jam.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
If you were anywhere else in the World, is there a song that would automatically make you think of home in the UK?

I quite like Missing Andy's The Way we're made (Made in England.)
When we lived in Aus it was "Driving home for Christmas" and also "English Rose" by The Jam...now I can listen to anything and I'm good lol...cause I am home.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Rabbit by chaz and dave
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Vindaloo!

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Aggadoo by Black lace!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

heartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris955
Me too.

That, plus the beautiful scenery and music in the opening credits of The Vicar of Dibley. My eldest son makes fun of me every time by clapping his hand to his chest and saying, "Oh my God, that's the M40 near High Wycombe!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.