Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

so your going back to the uk?

so your going back to the uk?

Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default so your going back to the uk?

can you tell me one thing you will take from oz that you didnt have in the uk?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:37 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so your going back to the uk?

Originally Posted by soapy
Well assuming you really meant to be a little more inclusive ...

... Ahem .... one thing I took from the US when I returned was an appreciation for being polite. It's funny, a lot of people criticize the US heavily for the "Have a nice day!" insincerity. However, having lived in the south (where it's supposedly worst) for 16 years I met way more genuinely polite people than insincere polite poeple. I deal with people every day and find it goes so much better if you just smile a little and show interest (even on days you don't feel too hot).

Or were you referring to the towel I nicked from the airport hotel?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Well assuming you really meant to be a little more inclusive ...

Or were you referring to the towel I nicked from the airport hotel?
oops sorry

so it was you who took it

oh and a very good answer
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:04 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: so your going back to the uk?

A sense of patriotism.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Mine is a love of sushi! (I'm moving back from Canada)
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Being more open minded to other nationalities and cultures and by having them as friends, it adds a more interesting dimension to your life. You can return not realising then how much you may have moved on to the way you were brought up and were taught to think and may appear to be a stranger to those who thought they knew you. The other interesting dimension is that you can also be treated as a "foreigner" by strangers who don't realise you are British.

PS I joined Dundoving in nicking something from the airport hotel, but I chose the Towelling Robe....but I think they got me back by putting it on the credit card......if I'd known how expensive it was, I wouldn't have nicked it....LOL>

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 18th 2007 at 8:42 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

A laid back attitude!
Ohh and a heap of furniture that will never fit in an English house
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

People take furniture back with them......I sold mine, good excuse to re decorate with some new...

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
A laid back attitude!
Ohh and a heap of furniture that will never fit in an English house
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

A 12ft swimming pool and a new barby!!

JO
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

A Batchelor of Education degree ( I hope!)

A love for salted popcorn.

An Aussie cat. My hubby thinks we won't, but oh yes we will dear!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taking it on the plane, or is it following you by boat?

Originally Posted by clougherty family
A 12ft swimming pool and a new barby!!

JO
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Taking it on the plane, or is it following you by boat?
Shipping it with furniture when we have bought a house in the UK, need to get one with a biggish garden!!

Jo
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:46 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Can't limit it to one. I've got so much from Aus, including:

A master's degree (or I will come June!).

A more laid-back attitude (if that's possible!).

A love of cricket.

A greater acceptance of others.

A greater sense of adventure.

A 'she'll be right' trust in the unknown.

Two slightly itchier feet.

I'll be leaving a settee and a bed. It's a fair trade, I reckon.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

A suntan!
Oh, and a baby!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:41 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

my dog!!!!

bloody thing is costing me a fortune to get back, lol, but hes adorable...

i will appreciate my surroundings more, i will get out and about more, i will enjoy life and be bloody thankful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.