Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So we are thinking Suffolk area???

So we are thinking Suffolk area???

Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of
Default Re: So we are thinking Suffolk area???

Originally Posted by dewdrop
sounds better and better
have you got any photos to share of the area ,PM me?

where is the nicest sandy beach from Kesgrave.

Martlesham/Heath sounds nice as well. but from only hear say.
THe beaches nearest ipswich are not really sandy (although felixstowe is sometimes!) Walberswick up the coast is a fabulous place

Woodbridge is probably the nicest place to live but you will pay a premium for housing
kesgrave and martlesham heath are ok if you like living very close to your neighbours.
The centre of ipswich around christchurch park is nice if you like older property
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

Hi I lived in Ipswich before I emigrated to caribbean. I also lived in Kesgrave for about 2 years, I have to say I didn't like it that much. It depends on what area in Kesgrave you live. My car was parked on the street and was scratched by local teenagers that would be drunk and vomiting in the street each weekend. There can be nice areas to live in as my cousin also lives there and she wouldnt be anywhere where it wasnt a nice and higher class place to live!!
The high school is very good it has cycle paths all the way through the estate and to the school and shops so cycling is very much encouraged. There is also a very nice pub in kesgrave called the Farmhouse it has always served great food at a great price. There are basket ball courts and a playing field, the only thing I will say is that the roads can be abit of a problem as there are only two roads that connects Kesgrave to Ipswich and two roads leading to the A12. It can get very busy around rush hour each morning and night. There is a good medical centre there aswell.

Suffolk is a very nice, safe and beautiful part of the country to live there are lots of little villages around Ipswich - Hadleigh, Hintlesham, Chelmondiston to name a few.

Ipswich in itself is also a pleasant place to live with parks, shopping centres, museums, swimming pools, pubs, clubs, restaurants all available to you.

Last edited by glitterycloud; Jun 7th 2009 at 7:38 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Halesworth and my grandparents lived in Chediston and we visit every time we go to the UK. Lovely small village still.