so long folks

Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:40 pm

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default so long folks

well after much discussion and arguing, were heading back home. i've stayed off the fourms as i felt they were adding to the pain - i now realise that when the hilight of you're day is going on the internet its time to go. going on the internet is fine but its not suposed to be the hilight of the day is it??

anyway, i still have a few contacts at home and have managed to land some work on a new builidng progect up north. the moneys not great but its enough. my wife is happy going back to her family and the kids are mixed feelings. i am also a bit strange as theyre are loads of things i like here but overall, its just not enough.

flights are booked for next tuesday. it feels weird now - looking around every day is stragne knowing we wont be here in two weeks time. weve not told everyone yet as dont want to prolong the agonies. not that theres many to tell lol!!! thanks to all who gave advise in the early days. will let you all no how things go back in scotland.
good luck one and all
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so long folks

Have a safe trip back, don't forget to update us when you get to the other side.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caledonia
well after much discussion and arguing, were heading back home. i've stayed off the fourms as i felt they were adding to the pain - i now realise that when the hilight of you're day is going on the internet its time to go. going on the internet is fine but its not suposed to be the hilight of the day is it??

anyway, i still have a few contacts at home and have managed to land some work on a new builidng progect up north. the moneys not great but its enough. my wife is happy going back to her family and the kids are mixed feelings. i am also a bit strange as theyre are loads of things i like here but overall, its just not enough.

flights are booked for next tuesday. it feels weird now - looking around every day is stragne knowing we wont be here in two weeks time. weve not told everyone yet as dont want to prolong the agonies. not that theres many to tell lol!!! thanks to all who gave advise in the early days. will let you all no how things go back in scotland.
good luck one and all
:

goodluck and please do post how things are back in scotland i have been away 18 months now (not long by some people, i know), i miss it soooooo much, but wonder how i'll feel back, will things irritate me more?? will i have moved on too much to settle back??
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Truly wishing you best of luck returning home, I hope all goes well for you - although I now feel crap for spending so much time on the internet!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret3
:

goodluck and please do post how things are back in scotland i have been away 18 months now (not long by some people, i know), i miss it soooooo much, but wonder how i'll feel back, will things irritate me more?? will i have moved on too much to settle back??
i know what you mean.. i wonder how i will settle again. my wife i think will be ok as she didnt really like it here and missed her mum so much it kind off overuled everthing else. although i got lonley and homesick i do like it here too so i think theres loads i will miss. but the decicions made and we are going. just prey i'm not back on here next year saying were going back!!!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Truly wishing you best of luck returning home, I hope all goes well for you - although I now feel crap for spending so much time on the internet!
sorry - but i hope you know what i mean. its fine for a wee hour or just to see whats happening. but when you start to think its your social life then thats bad
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move home - I hope that it is all you want it to be and that when you get home you can look at things with new eyes and appreciate all that there is to see and do there. I think going home and making huge life changes is always going to be surreal and emigration sure does mess with your expectations and makes it hard to settle anywhere.

All the best!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

good luck one and all
good luck and have a safe journey back...

Hope to be on here too saying that myself one day...??
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to you
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

Happy settling back home....look forward to updates from you ....will be there ourselves hopefully by April ....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

good luck one and all

Another one going back from Perth. This place will be empty soon lol. I just said goodbye to a good friend of mine in Perth too last night, off back to UK.

Good luck guys, bon voyage.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

All the best with your move back Caledonia.

Scotland is by far a better country to live than Australia,you've made the right choice .

Were going in November and we can't wait.

Hope it all goes smooth and at least you will be round family again,that's the main thing.

All the best.
Maka Paka.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:02 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

sorry - but i hope you know what i mean. its fine for a wee hour or just to see whats happening. but when you start to think its your social life then thats bad
All the best to you and your family

I`m certain you WILL have a social life back hame
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maka paka
All the best with your move back Caledonia.

Scotland is by far a better country to live than Australia,you've made the right choice .

Were going in November and we can't wait.

Hope it all goes smooth and at least you will be round family again,that's the main thing.

All the best.
Maka Paka.
many people from scotland really miss it dont they

When I return to the uk I will definately be paying scotland a visit
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

good bye and good luck xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.