Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So fantastically bloomin' alive and well

So fantastically bloomin' alive and well

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default So fantastically bloomin' alive and well

In sheer glorious english spring sunshine I arrived into London, and no I have not been mugged or had my luggage stolen by bulgarian beggars

People do smile although some very strange nutcases keep asking me why I left Oz so I tell them the truth, its an isolated boiling hellhole with the politics of 1950 it usually settles them down

Strange things keep happening like daylight at 8pm very spooky after years in the dark zone cant sleep way too excited let me at those multicoloured :scared: English houses tomorrow.

See the OZ forum has died a nasty death since I left, nearly fell asleep reading it ZZZZZZZZZZ

Canada was brill, so so so cheap after OZ no wonder they call the dollar the looney.

Last Memory of OZ was good drunken farewell party for 170 people causing the police to get called out twice before we got shut down, Sunshine Coast will sadly be a quieter place from now on
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So fantastically bloomin' alive and well

Originally posted by dotty
In sheer glorious english spring sunshine I arrived into London, and no I have not been mugged or had my luggage stolen by bulgarian beggars

People do smile although some very strange nutcases keep asking me why I left Oz so I tell them the truth, its an isolated boiling hellhole with the politics of 1950 it usually settles them down

Welcome back to civilization.

Your suggestion that Oz has "the politics of 1950" was a bit unreasonable....

...more like 1850!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

It's nice to see that you are so happy, dotty, I am really happy for you (no, I am actually turning green of envy).
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:25 pm
kong

Welcome back Dotty, its been glorious weather today. Nice to be in a country where you actually WANT to sit in the sun, instead of hiding in an air con box!!! Pubs and beer gardens spring to mind!!

Ignore the natives asking why you returned form paradise oz, the nearest most have experience of the place is through watching neigbours or a place in the sun bull!!

Most Brits just think of the weather, blue skys, beaches in Oz. They dont factor how deserted and dead the average Aussie suburb and person actually are. It takes a step into the realm of BBQ and Sports obssessed Oz to realise just what interesting, dynamic and clued up people/ land the UK really is.

What has Oz given the world???

Rolf Harris (and hes lived in Blighty 40 years)

Murdoch

Neighbours

Ermmmmmmm Ernie dingo????

Pauline Hanson

Need I say more

Welcome Back Dotty, keep on posting, dont do a PommieB on us and shuffle off this expats coil

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:50 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

I am sooooooooo envious....Dotty good to see you back posting honesty and wit..yipppeeeee.

The party sounded excellent..I am sure the sunshine coast won't be so sunny with you gone....

So now onto house hunting isn't it and shopping in M&S ..!!??

keep us posted...

Pants
Old Apr 24th 2004, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi Dotty,
Have got to agree, this forum has not been the same since you and Mike left, so please keep in touch!!!!
lets know what's happening in good old U.K.

Where are you looking for a house?
I had a customer come into my business last week, who had just arrived back in OZ, he had lived here for 9 years,returned to the
U.K.for 2 years, he said the only reason he came back was he found it very hard to buy back into the U.K. housing market, he was looking in th Reading area at the time.
Must say that was his only complaint, other than that he loved it.
All the very best on your return home, hope that you will be very happy
Old Apr 24th 2004, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Irish Guinness
I had a customer come into my business last week...he said the only reason he came back was he found it very hard to buy back into the U.K. housing market, he was looking in th Reading area at the time.
Must say that was his only complaint, other than that he loved it.
My heart really goes out to those ~20% of UK migrants who feel trapped in Oz because they can't afford to return to UK.

It must be like a slow, sun-drenched death...
Old Apr 24th 2004, 10:09 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty,
think you must have brought the nice weather with you....its so lovely today and its supposed to be lasting a few more!!!
It was my mums 70 th birthday party last sunday....she had a garden party...but it turned into a fanciest welly competition because it was so wet!!
should start snowing round about the middle of may!

enjoy the uk...!!

sue
Old Apr 25th 2004, 2:02 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty

See the OZ forum has died a nasty death since I left, nearly fell asleep reading it ZZZZZZZZZZ
Oh I know!!!!!!

Might just take another peek to try and liven things up a bit!! lol

I'am so glad you're back and living life to the full. You can do that in England, being in OZ has made me forget how to.

Not long for me now, four weeks and counting everyday!! Keep in touch and let us know when you've picked a 'pad' to live in!!

Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:55 pm
Badge

Originally posted by janeyray
I'am so glad you're back and living life to the full. You can do that in England, being in OZ has made me forget how to.

Good on ya Dotty. Enjoy the UK with all that money you now have. Janeyray - move to Melbourne - we'll cheer you up!!

Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kong
Welcome back Dotty, its been glorious weather today. Nice to be in a country where you actually WANT to sit in the sun, instead of hiding in an air con box!!! Pubs and beer gardens spring to mind!!

You have just gone back to the central heating box,thats all

Ignore the natives asking why you returned form paradise oz, the nearest most have experience of the place is through watching neigbours or a place in the sun bull!!

Most Brits just think of the weather, blue skys, beaches in Oz. They dont factor how deserted and dead the average Aussie suburb and person actually are. It takes a step into the realm of BBQ and Sports obssessed Oz to realise just what interesting, dynamic and clued up people/ land the UK really is.

What has Oz given the world???

Rolf Harris (and hes lived in Blighty 40 years)

Murdoch

Neighbours

Ermmmmmmm Ernie dingo????

Pauline Hanson

Need I say more

Welcome Back Dotty, keep on posting, dont do a PommieB on us and shuffle off this expats coil
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:54 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by badgersmount

have. Janeyray - move to Melbourne - we'll cheer you up!!

Hey we thought about Melbourne originally!!! I bet you're having a ball at the moment with Mrs B. Happy dayz
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Jane - please do liven things up a bit

Have a ball Dotty - spoke to my mum yesterday and she was telling me about her wonderful tulip display. I do miss my overgrown garden in uk, ours here is just a limestoned block of nothingness
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:07 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dotty & Returnees

We're still going to Oz, but with eye's wide open.

Meanwhile I thought you'd appreciate a photo of bluebells in Woods near Hertford.

Enjoy

Graham
Attached Thumbnails So fantastically bloomin' alive and well-img_0416-bluebells.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:08 pm
Mel Gibson

Originally posted by MikeStanton
My heart really goes out to those ~20% of UK migrants who feel trapped in Oz because they can't afford to return to UK.

It must be like a slow, sun-drenched death...
It must be dreadful for them to be trapped in one of the best countries in the world. Most of them could afford to go back but
they don't want to live in a smaller house then what they got in
Australia. Maybe they should get the United nations to recognise
them as one of the world's most oppressed people and they could
recieve aid to buy a nice big house back in the UK. Maybe we could organise a Live Aid concert to raise money for them like
we did to help the starving in Africa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.