Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So, It Appears Australia DOES Have The Highest Ratio Of Unhappy Brits

So, It Appears Australia DOES Have The Highest Ratio Of Unhappy Brits

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, It Appears Australia DOES Have The Highest Ratio Of Unhappy Brits

Originally Posted by king kong
hi rabsody ,still a difficult question and very complex question at my time in my life i must admit
Firstly i was married for near on 25 years and have never been alone ever ,always had someone in my life and the thought of it scared me to death .
On reflection my marriage was beautiful for 6 years or so in the uk when the lads were small and every day seemed like a holiday ,it was lovely and i was youngand ex was young .
We moved to aussie and had a rough trot of it really ,living in caravan parks,no friends ,no job all the usuall stuff migrants have to put up with .
I think now personally i always hankered for the days when our marriage was perfect ,but australia put pressure on it and it was a very slow decline and we grew apart with my EX concentrating more on her job and me just getting on with it and spending huge amounts of time at home on my own .
Was i more in love with the idea of thinking the uk could get us back on track again or was i just in love with the uk ? i think it maybe the former .
Unfortunately the family is split all over the place now and to me its a tragedy ,my youungest cant be bothered with his mum and i dont talk to her and the eldest is oblivious to it all ,even though he is coming to aussie for a holiday in october and that will kill the EX as we will be altogether apart from her .
To answer your question ,at the moment i can honestly say i am thinking more day to day these days for some reaseon and i guess its because i know i will never have a future in the uk with my EX ,the longing i felt to return has gone .
This doesnt mean to say i wont return though its just that because i only really have me to think about i can return when ever i want and stay for as long as i want or just never come back ,i will just do what i feel i need to .
My marriage breakup was horrible but its made me stronger and i am not lonely and i have met other women and i am getting my life on track and starting to enjoy life being alone but not lonely .
Ii am seeing someone who is great company ,she is lovely and is from mauritius so dark and sultry and just my type but more importantly she dragged me out of the mire of despair .
Some may say REBOUND REBOUND well maybe but bloody hell it feels good to know someone is interested in you especially after 4-5 months of total and utter in your face rejection by my EX .
So in sumary am i happy ? yes Will i return to the uk ? when ever i feel like it . Am i glad my marriage is over ? yes i am now .
Well that is all sounding positive KK! Pleased to hear things are a bit brighter for you. It's bound to take a fair bit of adjustment after all those years together.

Your new lady sounds nice and even if she is a rebound then so what? Just enjoy it and see what happens, you never know!