Six days back

Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Six days back

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Mmmmmm Curry. That is always on my list of must haves as soon as I get home.
When we were there Sainsbury had a special - 2 meals either chicken tikka or butter chicken & rice - nice size portions unlike here, real chicken grilled first and an "other" side dish we chose 8 onion baljies as a starter between us all for 5/pounds! Could do with that tonight it is still raining!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardm123
We (me and the wife) arrived at Gatwick from Toronto on the morning of the 7th June via AirTransat (Great flight, I recommend the club class upgrade. Double check in weight, triple carry on and great food and drink).

We had sent a bunch of stuff air cargo and it cleared within an hour. Pick up was a breeze and then back to Leighton Buzzard to stay with relatives. Okay it took 5 hours to drive from Gatwick to LB (usual time 1.5 hours!!!!). Crazy M25.

I'm currently at my mothers in Newport Pagnell. I am loving being back, smaller roads, houses, everything looks quaint. People so friendly and seemingly genuine (not to self, pedestrians do not have right of way here).

We are hoping to move back to London post Olympics and when we get jobs. I just phoned an agency in London and they called my back within half and hour, again friendly and professional. A contrast to the 40 I called in Toronto and did not get one callback.

Off to London to visit friends next week and then to ramp up the job search. Oh yeah, on Friday I had a massive fry up for breakfast at a greasy spoon. Glorious.

M&S food tastes better than ever (shop at Tesco or I'll go bankrupt). You can buy wine at petrol stations without feeling evil (See Ontario's weird booze laws).

I love the green of this country, just glorious.

Richard
Oh you have made me excited now, we land on the 21st July at Heathrow heading for the west-country after being in NZ for 5+ years. Oh the English Bacon, I can smell it now, not like the smoked stuff that passes for bacon here and the awful sausages here! Oh and a hotdog passed off between 1 slice of white plastic bread here, I tell you, have they not heard of a hot dog roll! Just in the throws of having to sell stuff we don't want to put in the container and boy have been accumulated stuff in our 4 bed home, we will probably end up in a 2 bed so have to be really careful what we put in the container! But, I am EXCITED!!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
Oh and a hotdog passed off between 1 slice of white plastic bread here, I tell you, have they not heard of a hot dog roll!
I'm with you Shirl I think something got lost in translation; dog roll wrapped in bog roll would be more appetising.