Shropshire

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shropshire

Any of you kind people let me know anything about this area?? How do google to get facts about it? I put it in google, but couldnt seem to find anything real info about this or surrounding areas...Telford I've heard of it is it rough (sorry people live there, but seen as Im from Medway Towns, now that is rough)

Ta very much

Kath
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Impey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shropshire

Don't know about Telford but Church Stretton in Shropshire is a beautiful place, used to be called "Little Switzerland" years ago.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:12 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Impey
Don't know about Telford but Church Stretton in Shropshire is a beautiful place, used to be called "Little Switzerland" years ago.

shropshire is beautiful, have lived shrewsbury, telford!! and bridgnorth, absolutley loved shrews and bridgnorth, telford is not as bad as some places lol! yes there are some rough areas, but likewise there are some nice areas too.....just like antwhere! i dont know what you want to know, ask specifics!

we will be moving back to bridgnorth in 8 weeks time, and in all honesty compared to what i have here! i cant wait.

telford shopping centre is great, there are many retail parks full of nice lovely shops! and great 24 hr opening supermarkets, loads of restraunts, pubs etc

schools in telford and crap, sorry again to who may live there! there are a handful of fab schools, but all other terrible, shrewsbury and bridgnorth etc have much better schools, great nurserys all over, after school clubs etc

personally i love shropshire, pick the right area though, i dont know what else to write off the top of my head, what do you want to know about it?

goodluck
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Just keeping our options open as OH has been asked if he would re-locate up North so I dont know anything about the area, I need good schools 3/4 bed and good location for motorways links, etc saying that I would like semi rural and dont mind 1/2 drive to decent shops, few pubs in areas, thats about it, maybe nightlife for older child?? (non of these have to be right on doorstep tho,) Not much to ask hey?? LOL

I cant remember why I always heard Telford was a bit rough, so anyway where its nice I know its gonna be a bit pricey, but have to go with the job offer if it comes up....

Any help would be appreciated, as I said I cant seem to download reports about it

p.s. How far from London is it?

Kath

Last edited by Kath & Graham; Jun 7th 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I lived just outside Bridgnorth as a kid for a while, between there and Kidderminster - great walks along the Severn, steam railway, lovely village in a great area. The Clee Hills nearby were great for walks and picnics too.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Any of you kind people let me know anything about this area?? How do google to get facts about it? I put it in google, but couldnt seem to find anything real info about this or surrounding areas...Telford I've heard of it is it rough (sorry people live there, but seen as Im from Medway Towns, now that is rough)

Ta very much

Kath
Oswestry is a pretty central area especially to get onto good road networks, Chester is half hour away for shopping and Manchester is an hour away. Also from Oswestry you could go the other way and be in Shrewsbury in 20 minutes, Telford 45 minutes and Birmingham within an hour.

They have excellent schools here, Marches School I think is one of the better schools in the area, have excellent sport facilities and IT departments.

Of course there are lots of villages in the surrounding areas, hard to say, if want to know more ask by all means
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pennyhen2
Oswestry is a pretty central area especially to get onto good road networks, Chester is half hour away for shopping and Manchester is an hour away. Also from Oswestry you could go the other way and be in Shrewsbury in 20 minutes, Telford 45 minutes and Birmingham within an hour.

They have excellent schools here, Marches School I think is one of the better schools in the area, have excellent sport facilities and IT departments.

Of course there are lots of villages in the surrounding areas, hard to say, if want to know more ask by all means
Oh by the way don't know if its relevant but the town itself has about 54 pubs, loads of charity shops, hairdressers, banks and travel agents and not a lot else, they have sainsburys, thats why if you want to do a nice clothes shop you would go to Chester.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for that guys Will start looking!!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/

Try this Kath, there's alot of information on the site (including nightlife) and, if you keep clicking on the 'Virtual Shropshire' pic on the top, the pictures change.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG!!! that makes me wanna go even more

BTW looks like we sold the house!! Guess what they are only indians from UK with 5 kids now that does make me laugh
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:58 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! that makes me wanna go even more

BTW looks like we sold the house!! Guess what they are only indians from UK with 5 kids now that does make me laugh
Oh crikey, so what will you do? Will you have to rent for afew months? Congrat's btw.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh crikey, so what will you do? Will you have to rent for afew months? Congrat's btw.
I have no idea
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

I have no idea
Kath, you have made me laugh! "UP NORTH"!!! Its the MIDLANDS!! you shandy drinking southerner! We are in Melbourne, near Burton-on-Trent so if you came up this way we could get together for a drink!!!
Hope you and the girls are still meeting for a pint every now and then?! x
(just read the tread back and i sound like a right Alki!!! *Hick*!)
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Kath, you have made me laugh! "UP NORTH"!!! Its the MIDLANDS!! you shandy drinking southerner! We are in Melbourne, near Burton-on-Trent so if you came up this way we could get together for a drink!!!
Hope you and the girls are still meeting for a pint every now and then?! x
(just read the tread back and i sound like a right Alki!!! *Hick*!)

I think we are all gonna meet up soon!!! Yeh be great to meet up with you looks like the indians have decided against our house nevermind we be back soon (I hope).

Will deffo take you up on that drink offer and anyway .....you are an alki

Hows its going on your place , please tell all

Kath
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

tillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to alltillergirl is a name known to all

Hi.

I'm from shropshire. We lived on Clee Hill. I miss it a lot, so much so we plan to return later this year. We are currently living in New Zealand

My children attended Lacon Childe school in the neighboring village of Cleobury Mortimer. It's a fantastic school. You can view it on the internet.

I can't wait to get back it's a beautiful area. One i didn't appreciate enough.

There are many great places in Shropshire. Telford is ok. However you could live in one of it's neighboring villages. Get up a google map of shropshire and then investigate the areas.

To me, there is no where better than the good old Clee Hills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.