Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Should I stay in UK or go to Canada??

Wikiposts

Should I stay in UK or go to Canada??

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:50 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I stay in UK or go to Canada??

Originally Posted by iaink
Yeah, and is this typical June weather Adrian?

(No, its not)
Is it snowing in Bay of Quinte????

They've had some in Calgary, but Calgary weather's weird. I think they often have a bit of snow in May and June. And then they have those hot winds in winter, with everyone in shorts for a couple of days.

Bev
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

We are about 10 degrees off seasonal norms. Usually in SE Ontario its mids 20s by now and the lake is warming up to a swimable temperature. This year is unusually cool so far, mid to high teens only, and the last I heard the lake was down to 6°C! Still, I expect we will get the inevitable hot and humid spell sooner or later.

At least its not snowing..but then we dont get the chinooks in the winter
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Yeah, and is this typical June weather Adrian?

(No, its not)

As a matter of fact, it is not too far off. The average temperature for May is around 12 degrees and for June it is 17.8 degrees. And in September it dips back down to an average of 15.8 degrees.

http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1102+7162404G1

Calgary where the OP is planning to move is a lot colder than Toronto.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
As a matter of fact, it is not too far off. The average temperature for May is around 12 degrees and for June it is 17.8 degrees. And in September it dips back down to an average of 15.8 degrees.

http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1102+7162404G1

Calgary where the OP is planning to move is a lot colder than Toronto.
Bare in mind you are looking at the average daily temp there, not the average daily max. So far this month the highs have struggled to reach even the daily average.

Environment canada have Pearson airport down for 24 days >20C in the month of June. Not going to get close to that this month I suspect

With the chinooks Calgary probably averages close to the same as TO, but the extremes are more extreme there for sure.