Shipping small items

Old Jul 21st 2012, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice
Default Shipping small items

We are selling everything apart from our tv's game systems , bikes and personal books , photos, clothes.

I have contacted every moving company I can and have had no response as yet.

I know back in 97 I shipped 10 boxes via USPS to the UK and they got there great. (via ground/sea)

I don't know if things have changed now? I know when I fill custom forms in I have to put it is a gift , there is no box for personal , my question is about import taxes if I mail it through USPS? if they are our personal belongings.

I would prefer a moving company though so if anyone has any ideas please let me know Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 1:57 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping small items

I shipped boxes with USPS years ago ground shipped and it was very cheap. Now they only do airmail so the price has gone up a lot.
If you use U-packweship they have a u-crate and a U-box you can fill and they deliver it to your door in UK there are rough prices are on the website.
http://www.upakweship.com/index.php
I'm hoping all our stuff will fit in a box or crate, it'll be much easier for us.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago we used Navis http://www.gonavis.com/ from North Carolina to UK. We packed our own boxes to fit on a pallet and Navis did the rest from home to the UK port depot, where we had a UK removals Co pick up for delivery to storage/home.

Looking at Mummys suggestion of Upakweship, I don't recall seeing the crate option being available when we relocated but a crate would have been an attractive option to us.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 10:31 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I shipped boxes with USPS years ago ground shipped and it was very cheap. Now they only do airmail so the price has gone up a lot.
If you use U-packweship they have a u-crate and a U-box you can fill and they deliver it to your door in UK there are rough prices are on the website.
http://www.upakweship.com/index.php
I'm hoping all our stuff will fit in a box or crate, it'll be much easier for us.
I'm looking at them as well- but I'm also considering just taking a few extra suitcases on the plane (and paying for them to go of course) In the end, it's worked out to about the same price. This site is also quite good:
http://sevenseasworldwide.com/

If you only have a few things, you can get an instant quote from them which should make things a bit quicker!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Whatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really nice

We are using UPakWeShip www.upakweship.com 1-866-868-6386 they have been super, and reasonably priced. They also shipped a few boxes for a friend of mine who moved to Malta from the US, she was more than pleased with the service.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tel8
I'm looking at them as well- but I'm also considering just taking a few extra suitcases on the plane (and paying for them to go of course) In the end, it's worked out to about the same price. This site is also quite good:
http://sevenseasworldwide.com/

If you only have a few things, you can get an instant quote from them which should make things a bit quicker!
Dont use these,boxes turned up 30 days late and they lost sons guitar and have been no help since.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Whatshername
We are using UPakWeShip www.upakweship.com 1-866-868-6386 they have been super, and reasonably priced. They also shipped a few boxes for a friend of mine who moved to Malta from the US, she was more than pleased with the service.
We are going to go with upakweship too. Thanks for helping us find them.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 12:52 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jamie677
Dont use these,boxes turned up 30 days late and they lost sons guitar and have been no help since.
Wow! I had no idea! Thanks for the info though!!