Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping goods back to the UK

Shipping goods back to the UK

Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping goods back to the UK

When we shipped our stuff to Canada we had the hassle of a detailed goods to follow shipping list. Do we have the same issue when coming back to the UK?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping goods back to the UK

Originally Posted by Posidrive
When we shipped our stuff to Canada we had the hassle of a detailed goods to follow shipping list. Do we have the same issue when coming back to the UK?
No thankfully. We returned on July 14th (we shipped a 20ft container) we just showed our British Passports when we got off the plane and didn't get asked a single question. All pretty straight forward.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
No thankfully. We returned on July 14th (we shipped a 20ft container) we just showed our British Passports when we got off the plane and didn't get asked a single question. All pretty straight forward.
Hi Elaine ..............Talking of shipping have you got yours yet? Its nearly 11 wks since i left and not heard a thing ( I need my bed)
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Hi Elaine ..............Talking of shipping have you got yours yet? Its nearly 11 wks since i left and not heard a thing ( I need my bed)
We got ours weeks ago I think it was August 10th. It actually arrived before we'd sorted out a house to rent and we had to store it at my sisters place for a few days. Hope you hear something soon.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:15 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours weeks ago I think it was August 10th. It actually arrived before we'd sorted out a house to rent and we had to store it at my sisters place for a few days. Hope you hear something soon.
:curse: mine i think left before yours too ................
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sans
:curse: mine i think left before yours too ................
That sucks Did you use a full container? I've heard if you're sharing a container it can take a lot longer.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:43 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

That sucks Did you use a full container? I've heard if you're sharing a container it can take a lot longer.
Yes it went as groupage, they did say it would be upto 8 wks. But it left on the 24th of June
I didn't have enough for a full container, i never really got round to buying that much
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:40 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find out how they cost it -- by volume, weight, or a combination, because I want to start planning what's worth taking and what's not. I can't seem to get even approximates.

Does anyone here who's shipped from Canada have info? I know it'll be more from BC, but something very vague would be a start.

Bev
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:57 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Bevm
I'm trying to find out how they cost it -- by volume, weight, or a combination, because I want to start planning what's worth taking and what's not. I can't seem to get even approximates.

Does anyone here who's shipped from Canada have info? I know it'll be more from BC, but something very vague would be a start.

Bev
Hi Bevm They cost it by volume not weight, but they will give you a quote on guess work I had 1 quote for $6500 and another for $7800 and that was for groupage from VI to N Linconshire.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

For us to ship a 20ft container from Toronto to NI, approx. 654 cubic feet it cost $7,665.00 (plus insurance). We used MI Group their initial quote was more than Tippet Richardson but they matched Tippet's price and their customer service was excellent. Hope that gives you some idea
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

So you are definitely going T ?

Just checked back through your recent threads and think I have seen the reason behind this. Which area will you go to?

Hard to get out here, hard to stay here and hard to go home - one heck of a journey for you !!

Sold the house yet? You've sussed the bit about if you are a non-resident at the time the sale goes through, the lawyers will likely withhold a good chunk of your money? There are other threads to clarify this somewhere.

I wish you both well and lots of luck - and I hope you re-settle really quickly

(ps , flogging any gear? )