Shipping a few boxes

Old Apr 13th 2009, 12:11 am
Just Joined

le33sw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping a few boxes

Hi All

We are moving back to the UK. We only have a few boxes - having lived in a fully furnished house there isn't that much, bikes, ski gear, etc. - we prefer to pack things ourselves. As things stand, we could even deliver the shipping company the goods at this end.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping a few boxes

Originally Posted by le33sw View Post
Hi All

We are moving back to the UK. We only have a few boxes - having lived in a fully furnished house there isn't that much, bikes, ski gear, etc. - we prefer to pack things ourselves. As things stand, we could even deliver the shipping company the goods at this end.

Thanks in advance
Its going to cost us $11,000 for a 20foot container from Calgary to u.k' quoted by William's ~~ we have had a few other quote's but it's not much of a difference' i think it's goes by the weight of your stuff' so you may get cheaper quote's for just a few personals
We have just not booked right now' so our stuff will go into storage for a while' i returned suddenly' earlier than planned' due to bearevment ~ I now have to return to tie things up if it's really going to happen' it was such a rush it's made me unsure of the return to Wales i am confused~~~ We also packed ourselve's ~ Getting insurance cover because we did that' was uncertain' a few have refused ?? but there is competition ' so someone will do it~~Good Luck
Lalalaloubell's
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Hi All

Thanks in advance
Hi we only brought out a few boxes and used Seven Seas Worldwide - there are agents in most of the major cities - they will drop off boxes and boxes for the bikes one week and then you ring them when they are ready to collect.
Either do a door to door service - door to depot (which is slightly cheaper) or depot to depot (cheapest)

Hope this helps and good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

le33sw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speargun View Post
Hi we only brought out a few boxes and used Seven Seas Worldwide - there are agents in most of the major cities - they will drop off boxes and boxes for the bikes one week and then you ring them when they are ready to collect.
Either do a door to door service - door to depot (which is slightly cheaper) or depot to depot (cheapest)

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks - just tried their on-line quote system - they wanted $427 for a bike, surface mail, 74 days! $259 for a tea-chest sized box. Might be cheaper to pay the excess baggage and bring it to the UK when we fly back.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:05 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - just tried their on-line quote system - they wanted $427 for a bike, surface mail, 74 days! $259 for a tea-chest sized box. Might be cheaper to pay the excess baggage and bring it to the UK when we fly back.
Sorry to butt in but i thought most airlines will transport you bike or skiis free ....maybe you should check with the airline before hand