Shipping costs NZ to Uk

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:25 am
Ewan

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice
Default Shipping costs NZ to Uk

Hi there, its been a while since i posted here! After 13yrs in NZ we have finally decided to return home to Scotland.
Is there anyone who could please let us know of shipping costs for our household items. This should be no more than a 20' container (probably a wee bit less) as we will sell a lot of the bulkier furniture etc.
Ive had a look through the search and wondered if anyone had up to date prices.
Thanks in advance, Ewan.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping costs NZ to Uk

I just shipped a part container from NZ to UK.
costs 2.5k in dollars pick up from house in Auckland and delivery to door In England.
Had enough room for a LBW van.
Be prepared for a hell of a long wait.
I shipped my stuff on the 5th of May and still haven't recieved it yet lol
Its in the UK waiting on custom clearance now.
container was stuck in Malaysia for months.
There is huge delays due to what ever shit excuse this week.
So be prepared for a wait.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 1:18 am
Ewan

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice

Thanks for your reply Jarv5116. I had guessed it would be around that figure but I hadnt thought about the wait!!
I'm starting to think about selling almost everything here, and just taking the sentimental belongings and some of the more expensive to replace items.
If it takes that long to arrive, most of our furniture will be replaced anyways.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Ewan.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Can I ask which company you went with? Currently getting quotes and the first one back came in at approx 10k for a two bed house!
Old Sep 26th 2021, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy
Hi! Can I ask which company you went with? Currently getting quotes and the first one back came in at approx 10k for a two bed house!
NZ movers.
I had enough space in the container for a Long.wheeled base van.
To be honest I would have just sold all the stuff if I knew i would be waiting this long.
I was on a air bed waiting on my beds coming and ended up breaking and buying a bed a month ago.
I think everything is taking twice as long shopping at the minute.
I was reading on the news Nike trainers and clothes is gone from 40 days shipping to 80 days from Vietnam. So if nike are having shipping problems You can only guess where our containers are on the priority list lol
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jarv5116
NZ movers.
I had enough space in the container for a Long.wheeled base van.
To be honest I would have just sold all the stuff if I knew i would be waiting this long.
I was on a air bed waiting on my beds coming and ended up breaking and buying a bed a month ago.
I think everything is taking twice as long shopping at the minute.
I was reading on the news Nike trainers and clothes is gone from 40 days shipping to 80 days from Vietnam. So if nike are having shipping problems You can only guess where our containers are on the priority list lol
thank you, that’s very helpful! Will plan for having to buy the essentials….and accept a long wait on the sentimental and non essential things to arrive. How are you finding settling back in over there?
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

thank you, that’s very helpful! Will plan for having to buy the essentials….and accept a long wait on the sentimental and non essential things to arrive. How are you finding settling back in over there?
Just the exact same as before I left 3 years ago lol
I have tried living in a different area from me and my wife home towns and starting to feel alot more settled now.

Depend on what jobs you do the job market is booming just now in most sectors all over the UK.
Been hard 18 months for retail and hospitality but every other sector is good.
I work in construction ain't seen it this busy and money flying around since 2007 lol who knows how long it will last before it pops thou lol

don't belive all the NZ media covid tripe news about the UK and all the nonsense.
I have been back since May and honestly no different from when I left.
I have tried telling the NZ faithful on ere it's all nonsense but they worship the ground Auntie jacinda walks on. level 4.5 seems reasonable to the jacinda faithful for 1 case.
Get double vaxed before or as soon as you can when back.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

don't belive all the NZ media covid tripe news about the UK and all the nonsense.
I have tried telling the NZ faithful on ere it's all nonsense but they worship the ground Auntie jacinda walks on. level 4.5 seems reasonable to the jacinda faithful for 1 case.
This is not the truth or correct is it . You have used sweeping statements to try to imply situations for both NZ and the UK which have not held up against what many of the NZ board have experienced , seen and heard from our people back in the UK - also also that of Europe and NA. .

The reason for that is that most all of us still in NZ have very close ties with people in the UK and your version does not match theirs. Your take on how NZ has approached the global pandemic is up to you however yours is a political stance and little to do with how NZ operates as a nation.

So can you please try not to paint misleading pictures like that. It does harm and is not based on reality or expertise.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
This is not the truth or correct is it . You have used sweeping statements to try to imply situations for both NZ and the UK which have not held up against what many of the NZ board have experienced , seen and heard from our people back in the UK - also also that of Europe and NA. .

The reason for that is that most all of us still in NZ have very close ties with people in the UK and your version does not match theirs. Your take on how NZ has approached the global pandemic is up to you however yours is a political stance and little to do with how NZ operates as a nation.

So can you please try not to paint misleading pictures like that. It does harm and is not based on reality or expertise.
Hi I have not read the NZ forum for a while now so not sure about what is. "going on" in NZ to be fair but the last thread you have taken "offence" to seems a pretty decent post when talking about the UK at the moment to me....can I ask why you seem annoyed by it?
Old Oct 1st 2021, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Just the exact same as before I left 3 years ago lol
I have tried living in a different area from me and my wife home towns and starting to feel alot more settled now.

Depend on what jobs you do the job market is booming just now in most sectors all over the UK.
Been hard 18 months for retail and hospitality but every other sector is good.
I work in construction ain't seen it this busy and money flying around since 2007 lol who knows how long it will last before it pops thou lol

thanks for your view and time to respond! I hear different things but generally people we know in the UK are saying what you are - unless they are London based. Comforting to hear from other people that we aren’t insane.

we miss the UK and whilst some of our decision is based on uncertainty on borders and lack of plan from the NZ government (we haven’t seen respective family in two years now and mine are only in Australia, husband’s family is in the UK), we would probably go anyway.

p.s. definitely not labour faithful!!

Last edited by marigoldfairy; Oct 1st 2021 at 7:13 am.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ewanainsworth
Hi there, its been a while since i posted here! After 13yrs in NZ we have finally decided to return home to Scotland.
Is there anyone who could please let us know of shipping costs for our household items. This should be no more than a 20' container (probably a wee bit less) as we will sell a lot of the bulkier furniture etc.
Ive had a look through the search and wondered if anyone had up to date prices.
Thanks in advance, Ewan.
just had quotes ranging from 10-14k, no insurance included. No white goods, mainly stuff we can’t part with.

they say shipping costs have gone up. Also we are based in a region so that’s added to the cost. Interesting that both companies won’t give me the breakdown.

NZ Movers don’t have an office where we live so couldn’t quote.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your view and time to respond! I hear different things but generally people we know in the UK are saying what you are - unless they are London based. Comforting to hear from other people that we aren’t insane.

we miss the UK and whilst some of our decision is based on uncertainty on borders and lack of plan from the NZ government (we haven’t seen respective family in two years now and mine are only in Australia, husband’s family is in the UK), we would probably go anyway.

p.s. definitely not labour faithful!!
Yep don't worry about covid if you want to come home honestly. we were the exact same as you. we had a baby in July 2020 and no one could visit or we couldn't leave for a holiday. my wife got really homesick on maternity leave. She was despirate to go home. I was like you must be crazy and insane blah blah blah I didn't want to come home with what you see on the NZ news about covid and being brainwashed with it in nz. I had the exact same opion as people on here till I got home and had a week to settle in.

The best way to explain covid now in the UK is it's treating the same as the common flu by the general public. it's always there and you never think about it or change anything in your life because of it. if you want a vaccine it's available.

I think personally NZ done the right thing at the beginning of the pandemic and locked the borders in time and got extremely lucky on the first lock down in April last year.
Fast forward 18 months. they have done nothing to prepare for the virus or have a plan B or a plan to evolve with the virus. no investment in Health services, No investment in vaccine development and a nightmare vaccine programme.
I also think they are going to be in level 2-3 lockdowns for the next 6months at least till they find a happy medium and maintain a steady number of cases they can cope with.

I honestly thinks it's a joke. how someone can take you and your family from your home and lock you up in basically a prison for two weeks (MIQ) because you have a virus. again you will realise how much of a joke it is when your back home.

You will also realise if you need money and need a income you need to go to work or work from home if possible in NZ or the UK.
​​​​​​​if you have serious health issues or concerns and want to have a level 4. then by all means lock yourself in the house and order food for delivery and keep yourself locked up. while every one gets on with there lives as Normal as possible.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

just had quotes ranging from 10-14k, no insurance included. No white goods, mainly stuff we can’t part with.

they say shipping costs have gone up. Also we are based in a region so that’s added to the cost. Interesting that both companies won’t give me the breakdown.

NZ Movers don’t have an office where we live so couldn’t quote.
yeah we didn't get insurance either.
I think it costs 2.5k for the shipping and nearly the same price to insure the load aswell so we didn't bother with it.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 3:05 am
Just Joined

LauraKnight24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just came across this thread as considering moving back to Scotland from NZ in April 2022. We were quoted $16k for a 40 ft container Akl to Glasgow - reading this, I reckon I should shop around!
Really interesting to read too about how jarv5116 is settling back in the UK - makes me feel more reassured about our very likely decision to go!
Old Oct 26th 2021, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LauraKnight24
I just came across this thread as considering moving back to Scotland from NZ in April 2022. We were quoted $16k for a 40 ft container Akl to Glasgow - reading this, I reckon I should shop around!
Really interesting to read too about how jarv5116 is settling back in the UK - makes me feel more reassured about our very likely decision to go!
We have settled on Crown Relocations, 11k to ship, pack, unlimited storage and from New Plymouth. It’s a two bed house, but not taking beds or white goods. Could save money packing our own boxes but most of our sentimental stuff is breakable (China cabinets and contents etc) so leaving it to the experts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.