Shipping Brisbane to UK

Old Oct 4th 2022, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Brisbane to UK

Anyone got current recommendations/experience for shipping Brisbane to UK, and approx prices?
Movecube is not an option - I can pack boxes but due to arthritis I can't pack them into a Movecube, so I would need regular shippers.

Also I'm just about to investigate the TOR thing, so any advice on that is useful - including whether I sort it myself or do the shippers take care of it.

Thanks muchly!
Old Oct 5th 2022, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Brisbane to UK

I would just get a few quotes from a few of the big ones such as Chess. Don't take their insurance as it is a lot more expensive than getting separate.
Old Oct 5th 2022, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Here's how to fill in the TOR1 (the shippers can't do it for you):
https://expatchild.com/expatdirector...ence-tor-form/

Last edited by ianandhelena; Oct 5th 2022 at 5:30 am.
Old Oct 5th 2022, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
I would just get a few quotes from a few of the big ones such as Chess. Don't take their insurance as it is a lot more expensive than getting separate.
Yeah I've sent some enquiries, but in true Aussie style they are slow to reply or just don't bother. Its not a houseful, just a flat so their profit probably isn't big enough for them to be overly bothered! Hence hoping someone has used a company recently.......

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Here's how to fill in the TOR1 (the shippers can't do it for you):
https://expatchild.com/expatdirector...ence-tor-form/
Thats great, thanks for the link
Old Oct 5th 2022, 10:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought Polly. If using Movecube is much cheaper than a regular shipper, would it be worth just paying someone to pack the boxes into the movecube? Maybe a uni student or similar who would undoubtedly be pleased with a 'cashie'.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 5th 2022 at 10:50 am.
Old Oct 5th 2022, 3:40 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Just a thought Polly. If using Movecube is much cheaper than a regular shipper, would it be worth just paying someone to pack the boxes into the movecube? Maybe a uni student or similar who would undoubtedly be pleased with a 'cashie'.
its worth a thought, thanks for the idea. Just trying to get my head round a move that was scheduled for a few years time but now has a 6 month timeline so I'm a bit like a headless chicken at present
Old Oct 5th 2022, 4:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
its worth a thought, thanks for the idea. Just trying to get my head round a move that was scheduled for a few years time but now has a 6 month timeline so I'm a bit like a headless chicken at present
I'm really happy for you, you've waited a long time for this. You'll get it all done, then you'll be home and can exhale
Old Oct 5th 2022, 5:33 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm really happy for you, you've waited a long time for this. You'll get it all done, then you'll be home and can exhale
Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2022, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, do you already know what to bring over with you daft question I know but a friend came over from NZ paid a small fortune for shipping and when she arrived realised just how much cheaper most things here in the UK compared to NZ and would if saved her a small fortune . If you need any help with price comparisons just let me know, but the main thing is to wish you well and it will be a bit of a mad time for you but this time next year it will be a distant memory
Old Oct 6th 2022, 11:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to suggest the same - maybe airtasker or similar?

Wow though - 6 months - hope all goes to plan, really pleased for you
Old Oct 6th 2022, 4:46 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi, do you already know what to bring over with you daft question I know but a friend came over from NZ paid a small fortune for shipping and when she arrived realised just how much cheaper most things here in the UK compared to NZ and would if saved her a small fortune . If you need any help with price comparisons just let me know, but the main thing is to wish you well and it will be a bit of a mad time for you but this time next year it will be a distant memory
Yep, all sorted as to what is coming and what isn't - only a couple of items of furniture, mostly personal stuff like clothes, books, etc, and even a lot of those are being dumped! Bit of kitchen stuff, but all the white goods etc are being replaced in the UK. I've been enjoying online shopping in places like Currys 😊
Old Oct 7th 2022, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, all sorted as to what is coming and what isn't - only a couple of items of furniture, mostly personal stuff like clothes, books, etc, and even a lot of those are being dumped! Bit of kitchen stuff, but all the white goods etc are being replaced in the UK. I've been enjoying online shopping in places like Currys 😊
Have you given any thought as to what to do with your super? There can be some major tax considerations depending on what you do.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 7:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Have you given any thought as to what to do with your super? There can be some major tax considerations depending on what you do.
Yeah I hit preservation age innJanuary so I can access enough to fund the move, then I can get the rest when I retire, which will be literallly just before I leave, so the whole lot (which isn't a fortune anyway) will be moved to the UK straight away. I'm in the UK at present,and talking to my UK bank next week about what to do with it once its here.