Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping Boxes Sydney to UK

Shipping Boxes Sydney to UK

Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:50 pm
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Boxes Sydney to UK

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has recently investigated and found the cheapest company to ship boxes back to the UK with from Sydney?

I don't have furniture to send, just a few boxes of personal belongings.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Boxes Sydney to UK

Bumping this up as I too have some personal effects that I need shipping from Sydney. Anyone know about the best way for getting small consignments (in my case a dozen or so boxes) back ?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:27 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I will be needing to do the same thing too. If we keep going like this we'll have enough people to share a container LOL
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

w1lly0u is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Shipping Boxes Sydney to UK

just seen your post pop up in the recent post ones and thought I'd tell you who NOT to use, I know someone that used a company called airsupply shipping agents, when you google them and you find this: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews106897.html

they're not the only bad one so check out more of them, but since you'd be paying bomb to ship things probably, you might as well make sure it gets done properly and your stuff arrives in once piece ... I sold all my stuff before I move countries ... shame really ... I now regret it
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Just thought I'd resurrect this in a last ditch attempt to avoid doing my own research.

Once I've made a decision about who to use I'll let you others know!!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future

We ended up taking a huge amount on the plane - over 150 kg between my son & I .

Also -anyone who has sports kit to take can take it as an extra free of charge (depending on the sport) - my OH recently brought over a 25kg bag of cricket equipment which wasn't included as part of his normal allowance.

So - a lot of the stuff which would have come in shipping actually came over at limited extra expense on the flight with us.

Have to say we came business class with BA who,unlike Qantas, have v generous allowance - 3 cases each person of up to 23kg per case