Shipping back to UK---Help please

Shipping back to UK---Help please

Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:33 am
Sparking like champagne!

Jansz is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Shipping back to UK---Help please

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi Jansz

We are in the same boat as you(ie going back with two dogs, a 4X4 and about a 20ft container). Waiting for dogs to be rabies free,ie 6 months). Dont mean to be nosey but who are you using to transfer the Rav 4 and the dogs and how moch is it costing. Haven't got a clue where to start all this again.

Hi Brucey,

I initially made some enquiries a few months ago, but will not be putting things into motion until next year, as waiting for dogs. Was initially going to go back the following year and have booked up to go over on holiday in April, dogs are ready when I am in Uk and it makes it a bit difficult working out when to put house on market, problem if sells too quickly or too slowly.....! However if I time it right I can organise some things over there come back to pack up and then nip back!

Anyway I got a few quotes for the 3 dogs and birds and dogtainers were the best price (which I have seen someone else here say) and the best price was just under A$5000. I must love the little darlings!

The car is $A3000 plus insurance if you share a container and you need to give it 12 weeks, if you get a seperate container it is about A$4500 plus insurance. This is with with luggage line that I found on the internet. It seems the best anf I want to send the car over so it arrives just after I do.

However I do need to seriously look at prices in the new year and start to get paper work done. My vet tells me I can do the paperwork myself and take the paperwork to him (he is AQIS) and he can do the check before they go etc and it will be much cheaper, apparently I need to talk to the airline to find the price. I will look into it but also not sure about my anxiety levels for them if I do it myself!

I have found most people very helpful as I phone around for prices and information.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping back to UK---Help please

Hi Jansz
We are practically in the same boat, waiting for dogs, when to put house on market etc. Thanks for the prices, it gives us a good starting point. Was a bit worried about he housing market but seems like Pert is fine and house prices expected to keep rising so fingers crossed. Hope you enjoy your holiday and if I get any better prices\advice I'll post it up here for you to view.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:42 pm
Sparking like champagne!

Jansz is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Shipping back to UK---Help please

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi Jansz
We are practically in the same boat, waiting for dogs, when to put house on market etc. Thanks for the prices, it gives us a good starting point. Was a bit worried about he housing market but seems like Pert is fine and house prices expected to keep rising so fingers crossed. Hope you enjoy your holiday and if I get any better prices\advice I'll post it up here for you to view.

I too am a little worried about the house prices, I will be okay, but would like them to be sky rocketing here for the next few months! How selfish!

I will getting serious quotes and finding out about best way to organise animal and car in Jan/Feb so it will be good to compare notes. Have a good christmas , it will soon be next year and time to go!!!!!!!!!!