Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping agents from Western Australia

Shipping agents from Western Australia

Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Shipping agents from Western Australia

Can anyone recommend any shipping agents from Perth. We have had a quote for a 20ft container (including 2 motorbikes, crates etc) for $7000. Seems steep to me!

By the way, have had two guys quote so far and they both said they would love to go back to England, that it is expensive here but they can just not afford to go back. They said they have moved loads of people back recently that have just had enough!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:15 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry cant help you with OZ I am in NZ and when I called Crown last week to get a quote the said they are at their busiest time ever with peeps going back to UK. NZ is crippling us financially - worst move ever. Crown are worldwide maybe they can help you or recommend someone www.crown.com. we got price for sole use for just over $6NZK.

When are you planning to go home and how long have you been out here?
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Melaniee

Have you tried Wridgways? They are based in Kewdale / Welshpool. We are planning to use them when we return, I think Janeyray used them?

We used John Mason (UK to Perth) and Wridgways were the partner company delivering to us in Perth, they were very helpful and efficient.

It's interesting what the shipping companies are saying about people returning to the UK!! Good luck.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Thanks Kath,

Wridgways coming round for a quote on Monday so shall let you know. We moved with Robinsons UK side and Grace here-people, do not go near either!

Scottish-Thanks for your message. Have PM'd you-do not even want to think about the financial side of things or I will cry!!

Originally posted by Kath
Melaniee

Have you tried Wridgways? They are based in Kewdale / Welshpool. We are planning to use them when we return, I think Janeyray used them?

We used John Mason (UK to Perth) and Wridgways were the partner company delivering to us in Perth, they were very helpful and efficient.

It's interesting what the shipping companies are saying about people returning to the UK!! Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:47 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by melaniee
Thanks Kath,

Wridgways coming round for a quote on Monday so shall let you know. We moved with Robinsons UK side and Grace here-people, do not go near either!

Scottish-Thanks for your message. Have PM'd you-do not even want to think about the financial side of things or I will cry!!

Dont use Wridgeways !!!! They were the partner company for the movers we used coming from germany and in our experience they were crap. Really bad service, slow to reply to queries, and everything was somebody elses fault.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

HI Melaniee
we used Kent http://www.kentmoving.com/ and they were brilliant. We had a nightmare on the way over so I really grilled the removal firms when we returned. Kent used John Mason in the UK

I paid approx $6200 for sole use of a 20ft container from Melbourne to UK. It was about two thirds full. This was last Xmas

Good luck...have you got any dates for coming back yet?

(edited cos I put the wrong url in!)

Last edited by HiddenPaw; Jul 18th 2004 at 9:41 am.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone-looks like it is either kent or wridgways then!-may end up going with whoever is cheaper as this whole moving back thing (!) is costing us a lot more than we thought! I am sure neither could be worse than Grace or Robinsons!!

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
HI Melaniee
we used Kent http://www.kentmoving.com/ and they were brilliant. We had a nightmare on the way over so I really grilled the removal firms when we returned. Kent used John Mason in the UK

I paid approx $6200 for sole use of a 20ft container from Melbourne to UK. It was about two thirds full. This was last Xmas

Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi HP,

Did that price include insurance too?-booked flights!!!! Leave here 5th September, Bangkok for 2 nights and arrive back early hours of 8th September-yipppee!!!

Thanks!

M.

HI Melaniee

Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by melaniee
Hi HP,

Did that price include insurance too?
I wish!!! No, that price was just door to door shipping/packing, etc

Sept 5 - you might get back in time for the start of the UK summer !!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Dam it-still better than $7500 from chess!!

I wish!!! No, that price was just door to door shipping/packing, etc

Sept 5 - you might get back in time for the start of the UK summer !!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi melaniee,

what did you think was so bad about grace? would appreciate your answers.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you using them or are you a spy for them!?

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi melaniee,

what did you think was so bad about grace? would appreciate your answers.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Melaniee Don't know much about this bunch but may be worth having a look at

http://www.voovit.com/
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mercedes
Melaniee Don't know much about this bunch but may be worth having a look at

http://www.voovit.com/

Actually since I've read the bumf it probably won't be in this instance, sorry. But may be helpful to someone else.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Mercedes,

Any help or ideas are all gratefully received.

Originally posted by Mercedes
Actually since I've read the bumf it probably won't be in this instance, sorry. But may be helpful to someone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.