Shippers are here!

Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Shippers are here!

Well, they have been here all day and are due to finish it all on Monday.

It feels strange to see all our stuff being packed up again and knowing it will be a good few weeks before we will see it again

I do feel a little sad to be leaving here, leaving all the great people that have helped us alot. Yet, I couldn't help smiling to myself when I had a look at our stuff all packed up and ready to go.

It is weird how you feel, happy and sad all at the same time. I do wish we were staying longer now that it has come down to it but I know that there are things which we need to sort out back home.

It was hubbies last day at work today and our sons last day at school and they are both fine, no tears, unlike when we left the uk.

Anyway, I will let u know more as the days go by.

Mandy
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Linda Maxwell will become famous soon enoughLinda Maxwell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shippers are here!

The best of luck to you on your move, I hope it all goes really well.
I had the same feelings as you, when the packers were in, but so glad to be home and settled.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:26 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scrawni

Mandy
Please do! We are considering the same move. Good luck!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:37 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck and see you on the other side.
xx
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

yep, i can confirm all those feelings, and a whole lot more. as i look around the place, where the kids used to muck about, play their computer games, how we used to gather around the dinner table together to have our dinner, etc etc. i look at all that and think about what could have been........oh, well! you just have to snap out of these things, attachments to things, otherwise you'd never get anything done! our stuff is packed too, but i will be leaving in mid march, so i have a few weeks yet to reminisce!! yes, sometimes i do get the tears welling up, but thats only natural, i suppose. all in all, i too think we did the right thing; i couldnt see myself retiring here at all, no way. good luck to you and hope to hear from you once you're over there!

Originally Posted by scottish
Good luck and see you on the other side.
xx
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:57 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

It feels strange to see all our stuff being packed up again and knowing it will be a good few weeks before we will see it again

I do feel a little sad to be leaving here, leaving all the great people that have helped us alot. Yet, I couldn't help smiling to myself when I had a look at our stuff all packed up and ready to go.

It is weird how you feel, happy and sad all at the same time. I do wish we were staying longer now that it has come down to it but I know that there are things which we need to sort out back home.

It was hubbies last day at work today and our sons last day at school and they are both fine, no tears, unlike when we left the uk.

Mandy

Hope it all works out for you........at least you have given it ago and have all the wonderful memories to hold on to.

Keep us posted

Donna
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:57 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you the best Scrawni and yes please do let us know your thoughts and feelings on your return. Have a safe trip.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Mandy
Best of luck to you.

We have a real busy weekend in preparation for our container on Monday. I'll be glad to be back at work Wednesday for the rest.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:36 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

Good luck with the packing, you will soon be on that plane, don't forget to pack your jumpers its a little chilly over here at the moment.

Let me know when you arrive back

Susan
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move back Mandy.
Hope to read an update from you in a little while, once you're back, got your PC up and running, etc . It would be great to read how you feel about the move in a few weeks, and how you're settling back into UK life.
Have a safe trip
HP
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Lived in Vancouver BC, now back in England, and loving being back.
PhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant futurePhillyD has a brilliant future

Mandy

Well our packers are here for the second day, and I echo all your emotions. One of our packers has just come back from two months in England, Leicestershire. He thinks we are mad to be going back. Says he loved the countryside but our standard of living in the UK is much lower than his, unless one is very well off. I still feel happy about going back, it is the people, the family, friends, British way of life I miss, so I am still smiling. As my daughter emailed me today, "You have had that adventure, now get ready for the next one, this is not a trial run on life, this is the real thing" Good luck with your move and with settling in back home. I will be leaving Vancouver on Saturday 5th, home for Mothers Day
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We are also going to see our lovely daughter who stayed behind. She is sooo lucking forward to us being back. Won't be home for mothers day but I will have mine when we get back.

We have a busy day ahead, an A4 sheet of things to clean and do by the rental agents. I wouldn't mind but half the things wern't done when we moved in! Hope they don't find anything to moan about cause we fly on the same day so wont have much time to put anything right!

Silly me, forgot to get the shippers to leave out some plates, cups and cutlery, so our son has just had his cereals out of one of my best glasses as a drink!

Anyway, we are off to Brisbane for a week first but to be honest i cannot wait until we fly. Now, the time has come i just want to be home.

We will still have the lap top so will still post for now.

Mandy
Old Feb 26th 2005, 9:58 am
Phoenixuk2oz

We are also going to see our lovely daughter who stayed behind. She is sooo lucking forward to us being back. Won't be home for mothers day but I will have mine when we get back.

We have a busy day ahead, an A4 sheet of things to clean and do by the rental agents. I wouldn't mind but half the things wern't done when we moved in! Hope they don't find anything to moan about cause we fly on the same day so wont have much time to put anything right!

Silly me, forgot to get the shippers to leave out some plates, cups and cutlery, so our son has just had his cereals out of one of my best glasses as a drink!

Anyway, we are off to Brisbane for a week first but to be honest i cannot wait until we fly. Now, the time has come i just want to be home.

We will still have the lap top so will still post for now.

Mandy
Good luck Mandy