Reload this Page >

Shipped cat to Uk from Oz.

Shipped cat to Uk from Oz.

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Robcuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipped cat to Uk from Oz.

Hi

I thought I'd just give a brief description of our recent experience as I searched on here for similar experiences.

So we moved from Sydney back to the Uk in December and we flew our cat back with Jetpets.

Originally we were planning on organising the shipping ourselves but as we left Sydney a few days before the cat we decided on an agent purely for peace of mind.

We brought the container (pp30) off eBay and had the cat vaccinated for Rabies prior to deciding on using an agent. However, this eventually reduced our cost as the container provided by the agent would have been new and the vaccination was cheaper at the local vet.

She flew with Qantas on QF1 arriving into LHR around 06:00. We picked her up around 10:30. Time spent at the pickup area was minimal so within 15 minutes we were heading home.

Cost was $2300 and only worked out marginally more than if we had done the whole process ourselves so with peace of mind and how easy Jetpets made it I'd recommend using them 100%.

Good luck if anyone is going through the same ordeal as us.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipped cat to Uk from Oz.

I moved three cats back from Sydney to Hertfordshire in January with Jetpets. Happily we all arrived back safe and sound and healthy.

On the other hand there was a logistical nightmare at the last minute due to incompetence on their part and only averted because I happened to be insomniac (I was in the UK by then) and spotted something in an email sent about six hours before they were due to start their journey. By the way, I had told them and told them and told them that I was going to the UK and they should be liaising with Mr BS (contact details provided). All I managed to persuade them to do was to use my email but call me Mr BS!

I could never recommend them for that reason, caused us great stress at a very time critical moment.