British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Sharing Container YYC to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/sharing-container-yyc-uk-856178/)

AB4NOW Apr 10th 2015 6:08 pm

Sharing Container YYC to UK

Any one got prices to share a container?

I have nearly sold all my furniture so only need a part of a container I believe, I am going to get some quotes in the next couple of weeks.;)

gdb7973 May 5th 2015 4:57 am

Re: Sharing Container YYC to UK

Hi, AB4NOW, we where looking at returning to UK form Regina, and would only need a part of a container too. Are you looking at a 20ft container, do yo have a cubic size for your goods, (I've not done ours yet but we've not got a lot) what part of UK you looking at?

Ive got some firms calling me this week, I can let you know if they can do part collection or vice versa.....

AB4NOW May 5th 2015 5:02 am

Yep I've got about 500 cuft. 1/2 a 20ft container. Buckinghamshire.
What about you?

I'm sure I could get you in our load, I could speak to our shipper tomorrow. Do you have your cuft? And where are you heading too?

gdb7973 May 5th 2015 5:06 am

we've probably got less than that but depend on cost of the other half to be honest.....We're looking at Essex, although thats probably not an issues if the container comes into Felixstow, it could go via Essex to Buckinghamshire. I'll keep you posted.

gdb7973 May 5th 2015 5:24 am

Hi forgot to ask, what's your timeline? I can try and get all stuff in one area and guess, we've no furniture persay. Just plastic storage boxes with our worldly goods and the 55inch TV, lol.

AB4NOW May 5th 2015 5:28 am

Originally Posted by gdb7973 (Post 11637081)
Hi forgot to ask, what's your timeline? I can try and get all stuff in one area and guess, we've no furniture persay. Just plastic storage boxes with our worldly goods and the 55inch TV, lol.

I was aiming for pick up end of May

gdb7973 May 5th 2015 5:35 am

K thx. I did pm you too.

AB4NOW May 5th 2015 5:40 am

Originally Posted by gdb7973 (Post 11637087)
K thx. I did pm you too.

Yep got it, I will email you tomorrow.

lf1 May 5th 2015 9:06 am

We shipped some things from Calgary in 2012 and only required part of a container. The shipping company, Starline, organised that for us as they regularly ship containers being used by more than person. Depending on when they fill a container you could receive your things quite quickly, but on the other hand it could take a few months. We could have had our things in the UK before we arrived, but opted to wait for a later shipment to make things easier for us at the Cdn end.

AB4NOW May 7th 2015 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by lf1 (Post 11637201)
We shipped some things from Calgary in 2012 and only required part of a container. The shipping company, Starline, organised that for us as they regularly ship containers being used by more than person. Depending on when they fill a container you could receive your things quite quickly, but on the other hand it could take a few months. We could have had our things in the UK before we arrived, but opted to wait for a later shipment to make things easier for us at the Cdn end.

Yep looks like we will be using them again.....just selling my life away at this end to reduce costs If1

lf1 May 7th 2015 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by AB4NOW (Post 11639481)
Yep looks like we will be using them again.....just selling my life away at this end to reduce costs If1

Forgot you had changed your name. :lol:

AB4NOW May 7th 2015 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by lf1 (Post 11639483)
Forgot you had changed your name. :lol:

Lol 😄 running around like a headless chicken at the minute, that what my new name should be 😄

lf1 May 7th 2015 1:01 pm

Wishing you all the best with your move. If you've got some warm weather there please bring it with you.:lol:

Sithewindows May 9th 2015 2:45 am

Did you get any prices for this? We are looking now.
TIA

Sithewindows May 9th 2015 2:46 am

Sorry I thought I was on POMs in Perth