Wikiposts

shared containers

Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all
Default shared containers

will be taking some stuff but not everything mainly clothes kids toys etc.. any idea on costs?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: shared containers

Originally Posted by overthemoon
will be taking some stuff but not everything mainly clothes kids toys etc.. any idea on costs?
What's all this about Kez
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are thinking of doing the same...also fav. items....baby keepsakes etc...so will keep an "eye" on this thread....good luck
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

hi if your only taking a small amount of stuff, you can send it in small boxs rather than pay a lot for a container, box about one meter square or two meters square depends how much stuff you have most of the movers will do this, also try post office ups etc
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:34 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

We shipped 23 boxes, a bed frame and a handfulof smallish items and it cost $1100. This was in April last year
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:05 am
Just Joined

pipercooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Fleaflyfloflum, where did you ship from and to? And with which company?

I've had a few quotes from Toronto to Hampshire and they are far more than that ... I'm currently thinking of using Fedex as it looks like I can save over $1000!!

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:10 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pipercooper
Fleaflyfloflum, where did you ship from and to? And with which company?

I've had a few quotes from Toronto to Hampshire and they are far more than that ... I'm currently thinking of using Fedex as it looks like I can save over $1000!!

Thanks
Oh sorry, should have mentioned it was from Sydney Australia
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
We shipped 23 boxes, a bed frame and a handfulof smallish items and it cost $1100. This was in April last year
Hi Flea, this seems very reasonable indeed!! Which company did you use please and was this a door to door service no other hidden costs??

Thanks
Barb
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:51 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hi Flea, this seems very reasonable indeed!! Which company did you use please and was this a door to door service no other hidden costs??

Thanks
Barb
Hi,

We used Chess removals. Yes it was door to door and no hidden costs. I do suspect the price will have gone up a bit though as it was nearly a year ago, but we were very pleased with their service and our stuff arrived at my daughters house 10 weeks after it left our place in Sydney as it was obviously in a shared container. You have to wait until everyones stuff is on board before it can leave Aus.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:02 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We used Chess removals. Yes it was door to door and no hidden costs. I do suspect the price will have gone up a bit though as it was nearly a year ago, but we were very pleased with their service and our stuff arrived at my daughters house 10 weeks after it left our place in Sydney as it was obviously in a shared container. You have to wait until everyones stuff is on board before it can leave Aus.
I think I may have asked you that before, sorry if I did or it was somebody else on this site. I did email Chess, but was too lazy to follow up their reply......will do so forthwith

I have found second hand furniture to be quite reasonably priced here and have picked up some great bargains, so have decided to sell up as I think it will cost me far too much to bring furniture.......
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:14 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I think I may have asked you that before, sorry if I did or it was somebody else on this site. I did email Chess, but was too lazy to follow up their reply......will do so forthwith

I have found second hand furniture to be quite reasonably priced here and have picked up some great bargains, so have decided to sell up as I think it will cost me far too much to bring furniture.......
We have moved countries 3 times. We have learnt that the best thing to do is take as little as you can back with you. You dont know where you will be living permanently, what you have may not fit the new home and fashion trends differ in different countries. Furniture is cheaper here anyway!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:04 am
Home Sweet Home

We have moved countries 3 times. We have learnt that the best thing to do is take as little as you can back with you. You dont know where you will be living permanently, what you have may not fit the new home and fashion trends differ in different countries. Furniture is cheaper here anyway!!
Is that 3 different countries Flea, or just ping ponging back and forth to Australia?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:28 am
We're going home...yeay!!

Location: Crossing off the days until I can leave Oz and go home.
Tracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really nice

Hey,

We have been getting quotes over the past couple of weeks. From Adelaide to Nottingham is going for around $4000 for 9.5 cu Metres of a container (excluding insurance). The best deal so far is Allied Pickfords who have the most flexible insurance package. Read the small print guys, Chess and Grace both only offer market value replacement value for clothes and/or anything over 7 years old, which means for stuff like our stereo separates, we would get about $20, but they would be worth about $2000, so do be careful!!

Allied Pickfords offer full value replacement, electrical derangement cover, mould & mildew cover and pairs & sets cover and you can pick and choose what you take out and pay seperately - not offered by Chess and Grace.

Phew! More details there than I intended - just a really hot topic in our house at the moment, as we are shipping at the end of March!

Cheers - hope this helps

Tracy xxx
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
What's all this about Kez
My dad is ill has cancer so may need to go back for a while too help out
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tracijbc
Hey,

From Adelaide to Nottingham is going for around $4000 for 9.5 cu Metres of a container (excluding insurance).
I had a quote from Chess, Brisbane - Worcestershire, 16.3cumetres $4,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.