Seven Seas shipping cubes

Old Jul 7th 2022, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seven Seas shipping cubes

I’m researching crates/cubes to use for my move from the US back to the UK. I see the company Seven Seas gets good reviews. I have a couple of questions that maybe someone in here may know the answers: can I use plastic bins instead of purchases boxes from them? It seems like they require you to purchase their boxes, but don’t list any prices or details of the boxes they offer. Anyone know the cost of boxes for a large cube? Also, when they deliver the cube, is it expected to be packed that same day, or can it sit in your driveway for a time?
thanks for any info!
Old Jul 8th 2022, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seven Seas shipping cubes

We used it from Australia and used our own packing. I think we had ours for two days.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

EliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revans18
I’m researching crates/cubes to use for my move from the US back to the UK. I see the company Seven Seas gets good reviews. I have a couple of questions that maybe someone in here may know the answers: can I use plastic bins instead of purchases boxes from them? It seems like they require you to purchase their boxes, but don’t list any prices or details of the boxes they offer. Anyone know the cost of boxes for a large cube? Also, when they deliver the cube, is it expected to be packed that same day, or can it sit in your driveway for a time?
thanks for any info!
Revans18 - I just completed the loading and pickup of my move cubes from my home in Phoenix AZ. I did not purchase any packing materials from Seven Seas. I bought good shipping boxes and tape from Amazon and few from Walmart.
I also had about 6 plastic storage containers. I placed those into the move cube as-is.
I ordered one large cube and one small cube. They basically gave me two hours to load up both cubes on the day the driver arrived with the empty cubes. Once you get the "starter kit" from Seven Seas, that contains a piece of plastic that represents the layout of the cube you have ordered. We laid that out in our house and used that to stage all of our boxes and items. That is how we figured out we would need another cube.
The one thing I did was print our my "job number" from Seven Seas and taped the job number label on each and every single item I placed into the cubes. I would highly recommend you do that, so that it gets tied to your move.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
We used it from Australia and used our own packing. I think we had ours for two days.
Maybe a daft question, but - if you use the Movecubes (this would be Aus to UK) - do you have to pack them yourself, or can you pay for the company to pack them?
Arthritis limits what I can lift and move! So I could pack small boxes, but I suspect packing the whole cube would defeat me.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much! This is really helpful info. I have things like Christmas decor already in storage bins and really didn’t want to repack those. I will try to minimize the bins and get some boxes. Another question: If our move is around October 1, when do I order the cube?
Old Jul 8th 2022, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

From what I’ve read on their website, they do not pack the cube for you.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

EliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much! This is really helpful info. I have things like Christmas decor already in storage bins and really didn’t want to repack those. I will try to minimize the bins and get some boxes. Another question: If our move is around October 1, when do I order the cube?
You would have to call them to find out the schedule for cube pickup. For our location, they only had one truck per week, so we had to choose a Saturday. We chose the Saturday preceding our flight, which was 5 days prior for us.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again! I will call them.
Old Jul 9th 2022, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

From what I’ve read on their website, they do not pack the cube for you.
Thanks for that, I'll look at "normal" shipping options.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Follow up: I called them for more info. The large shipping cube will stay for two hours to be packed, then they take it away. So, must have everything packed and ready to go by the time they arrive. Also, plastic storage bins are fine. I went to our local Uhaul store and they have a huge selection of boxes, tape, packing materials at good prices. Packed a few boxes already 😉 Also they said to order the cube about 3 weeks prior to the move.