Reload this Page >

settlement visa for spouse -- which appendix

settlement visa for spouse -- which appendix

Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Montreal-UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default settlement visa for spouse -- which appendix

Hello,

I'm British, husband Canadian/Russian, both living in Canada. We hope to move to the UK next year. I've just been looking at the settlement visa form and at the end it asks me to select an appendix, but none of them seem to match our case:
Appendix 2 is for: The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK --
but I am not yet settled in the UK.
Which one should I select?

Thank you!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: settlement visa for spouse -- which appendix

We have just been through this, I am a Brit, OH is Canadian, both living in Canada. The forms assume the UK spouse has already moved rather than the more usual that you both move together. We had savings so we did Appendix 2. However if you are not moving for a while I would wait as you cannot apply ways before you move and they will probably chnge things again...
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot for that! Yes, we're not going to apply just yet -- around April, so I'm sure things might change again.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:34 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paws3
We have just been through this, I am a Brit, OH is Canadian, both living in Canada. The forms assume the UK spouse has already moved rather than the more usual that you both move together. We had savings so we did Appendix 2.
From what I've researched Appendix 2 is indeed the one all partners of returning Brits must fill out, even though puzzlingly they have left out the key phrase OR British citizens in that part of the instructions "Spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK".

Everywhere else both categories are linked together, as here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ly-outside-uk/
This page explains how you can apply for a visa as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or a person settled here.
I think it's just an example of sloppy editing of the application, but I wish they'd fix it. (That might then put to rest my personal conviction that UKBA want these applications to be impossible to understand.....)
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

thank you!