Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Sendmybag and Movecube guidance

Sendmybag and Movecube guidance

Old Dec 21st 2022, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

kateg60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sendmybag and Movecube guidance

Regarding Sendmybag, how did people gauge the size box they to stay within the weight limitations. Obviously books are heavy but can be spaced out among boxes to avoid an overweight box. I'm trying to decide what size box to buy that will take me to @66lbs with a mix of objects but stay within the weight limits. I know this is a guessing game based on my stuff, I'm looking for general guide to the size box I should start with?

Also the Seven Seas Movecube may be a good option for me as I's like to move a bike and small pieces of furniture, but mostly boxes. How many boxes does a small cube hold? Would a bike, small table, a couple of chairs and garden tools also fit in a small. Has anyone used one recently, what was the final cost? Sendmybag is pricing at $175 per box with fuel surcharge.
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sendmybag and Movecube guidance

Hello. I recently used a Seven Seas move cube for my move back to the UK. I used a large size cube which fit about 60 boxes. I bought the boxes at UHaul—a mix of small (for heavy items like books) and medium (for lighter things). The total cost was about $4000 for shipping and delivery. It took about 4 months. There is a lot of documentation required and you must make detailed lists of everything in the boxes for Seven Seas. Good luck!
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

kateg60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sendmybag and Movecube guidance

Originally Posted by Revans18
Hello. I recently used a Seven Seas move cube for my move back to the UK. I used a large size cube which fit about 60 boxes. I bought the boxes at UHaul—a mix of small (for heavy items like books) and medium (for lighter things). The total cost was about $4000 for shipping and delivery. It took about 4 months. There is a lot of documentation required and you must make detailed lists of everything in the boxes for Seven Seas. Good luck!
Thanks that's very helpful.