Self Load Containers

Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:20 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Load Containers

The type of truck that is used to lift and drop a container is called a side loader (in Australia) surely they must have them in the UK too, maybe you have to ask for them??

It's a lot easier to have the container dropped and to lift from the flat...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beedubya
The type of truck that is used to lift and drop a container is called a side loader (in Australia) surely they must have them in the UK too, maybe you have to ask for them??

i was told that my container would be delivered by lorry,no option.
the container was loaded onto a freight train and shipped from the port in england to scotland where it was then put on the back of lorry.
they mentioned that i would have to arrange with lorry driver on how to remove my car from container.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:05 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
i was told that my container would be delivered by lorry,no option.
the container was loaded onto a freight train and shipped from the port in england to scotland where it was then put on the back of lorry.
they mentioned that i would have to arrange with lorry driver on how to remove my car from container.
Maybe they don't have side loaders in the UK then, they are quite common in Australia for containers.............
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Maybe they don't have side loaders in the UK then, they are quite common in Australia for containers.............
on a different subject Beedubya,,,have noticed on some of your threads that
you have ping ponged a few times.
i'm thinking about it
i did'nt particularly love australia, i did'nt hate it either,i do really miss the sunshine though.
if i go back i'll be trying the east coast as i was bored shitless in perth,who knowes, maybe i'll feel the same in brisbane.
what's your take on this? having done it a few times......
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:12 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by fitz
on a different subject Beedubya,,,have noticed on some of your threads that
you have ping ponged a few times.
i'm thinking about it
i did'nt particularly love australia, i did'nt hate it either,i do really miss the sunshine though.
if i go back i'll be trying the east coast as i was bored shitless in perth,who knowes, maybe i'll feel the same in brisbane.
what's your take on this? having done it a few times......
My take is..................

It's a long way to nip home to see the relatives
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

hi no we don't have side loaders in uk, but you can hire one with a hiab, normally they just come on an artic unit and you load container on truck
which is three feet off the ground
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garywright
hi im hoping to do the same 40' container all the furniture of a 4bed house plus a car,from canada to felixstowe port england cost is about $7500 from global pack n ship ,
Hey garywright, where are you in Canada? I've just had a quote from Crown. A 40ft High Cube as $14,990, and a 20ft container to capacity as $8,690 I was also told it is hard to self pack now as everything has to be listed by the carrier. I need to get my skates on, as the house is sold and the closing date is the end of April. No more hibernation
There are a few other people from Canada who I'm sure will be interested as well.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

garywright is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am in lethbridge alberta,global come out of bc,the cost included ,from my home to felixtowe port in uk,i have to sort out delivery from the port to the midlands this was around 500 pounds not sure exactly how that will work thnx gary.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

garywright is an unknown quantity at this point

sunshine girl if you have a fax no i can send you my itemized quote.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that We're in Ontario. O/H contacted them today, and there getting a quote together the next few days he was told, so I'll get back then if I may to compare We heard today that a query on the closing of our house has now been resolved so our closing date is definitely the end of April. I really ought to start packing
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Ok guys! Been reading all your posts over the last few weeks (when I could get internet!)
Anyway, we're all back home in sunny Belfast and all is good! Settling in quite nicely! Container apparantly is arriving on the 27th March but it has to go through customs first but I will keep you informed how it all goes.

Good Luck to you all!

Shaz x
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Hope all goes well, we could be heading back in June and thinking we could do the same. Didn't know you could pack your own container to be honest.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Hey garywright, where are you in Canada? I've just had a quote from Crown. A 40ft High Cube as $14,990, and a 20ft container to capacity as $8,690 I was also told it is hard to self pack now as everything has to be listed by the carrier. I need to get my skates on, as the house is sold and the closing date is the end of April. No more hibernation
There are a few other people from Canada who I'm sure will be interested as well.
Hi, I have had quotes, for 500 cubic ft, and it ranges from $6000 down to $4650!!!! with different companies, this load your own really sounds good, like Shaz, ours would be going back to Belfast, and going into storage for a while so the truck would not be a problem (I think) as they would put it into the storage unit (would'nt they?) By the way, my quotes are from Ontario Canada, not Australlia, I even tried some UK shipping companies, and they came in at over £4600 sterling for 500 cubic ft, I thought that really expensive Shaz if you would let us know how things worked out when your things arrive I would really appreciate that. Thanks
Denise
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Hello der! Well our final quote ended up at $4,500 AUD so still not a bad deal considering.
I will keep you all posted on how things go and hopefully customs won't go to mad on it! I've got a few cartons of 'Pure Blonde' in there waiting to be drunk by whoever helps unload haha......Bribery works wonders!

Shaz x
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hello der! Well our final quote ended up at $4,500 AUD so still not a bad deal considering.
I will keep you all posted on how things go and hopefully customs won't go to mad on it! I've got a few cartons of 'Pure Blonde' in there waiting to be drunk by whoever helps unload haha......Bribery works wonders!

Shaz x
Thats a really good idea, will pack some wine and beer as well, when the time comes, thanks for keeping us informed,will be interested to see how things progressed when it all arrives home
cheers
Denise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.